Home

Rivalries When Conference Switching

This is a discussion on Rivalries When Conference Switching within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2010, 10:47 AM   #1
Pro

esayem's Arena

OVR: 3
Rivalries When Conference Switching

In last year's game the rivalries got messed up when schools were swapped around. With the logos on-field changing this year, I hope they correct the rivalry part too so all the rivalries stay constant rather than losing them. Anybody hear anything?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2010, 11:02 AM   #2
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Rivalries When Conference Switching

Quote:
Originally Posted by esayem
In last year's game the rivalries got messed up when schools were swapped around. With the logos on-field changing this year, I hope they correct the rivalry part too so all the rivalries stay constant rather than losing them. Anybody hear anything?
Haven't heard anything, but it would be nice if when creating a team we could dictate who our rivals are. I have a CAS team that will play in the Sun Belt... the goal will be the SEC eventually, and I'd like to have SEC rivals... not Sun Belt rivals.

Here's hoping.

Old 05-08-2010, 01:16 PM   #3
All Star

Kobalt's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
Haven't heard anything, but it would be nice if when creating a team we could dictate who our rivals are. I have a CAS team that will play in the Sun Belt... the goal will be the SEC eventually, and I'd like to have SEC rivals... not Sun Belt rivals.

Here's hoping.
I hope that happens in 11.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:19 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 20

Been lobbying for this for a couple years now. Something from last gen that needs to be brought back. In last gen when you created a school you got to pick your rivals if i'm not mistaken.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:24 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

I want to see dynamic rivalries. If I play Rutgers every year for four years with Wyoming, that should turn into a rivalry. Especially when I start upsetting the. Then when I become a better team, it should stay a rivalry when we continue to play. Also, if I play the same team in a bowl game 3 of 4 years, that could turn into a minor rivalry.

Speaking of that, we need a meter that measures the rivalry intensity between every team. Say I am in a dynasty with Miami, I can go to a menu that shows all other 119 teams and has a meter beside them with rivalry intensity. Some teams will be high like Virginia Tech, Florida State, Florida. Others won't even have anything in the bar like Eastern Illinois. Then when in dynasty mode, if I play Notre Dame 5 times in 4 years somehow, that rivalry bar should go up higher and it should become a rivalry again like it was in the 80's.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2010, 01:33 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I want to see dynamic rivalries. If I play Rutgers every year for four years with Wyoming, that should turn into a rivalry. Especially when I start upsetting the. Then when I become a better team, it should stay a rivalry when we continue to play. Also, if I play the same team in a bowl game 3 of 4 years, that could turn into a minor rivalry.

Speaking of that, we need a meter that measures the rivalry intensity between every team. Say I am in a dynasty with Miami, I can go to a menu that shows all other 119 teams and has a meter beside them with rivalry intensity. Some teams will be high like Virginia Tech, Florida State, Florida. Others won't even have anything in the bar like Eastern Illinois. Then when in dynasty mode, if I play Notre Dame 5 times in 4 years somehow, that rivalry bar should go up higher and it should become a rivalry again like it was in the 80's.
You're overthinking things.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:40 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Why, we could develop and lose rivalries in last gen if I remember correctly.

― Plato
Old 05-08-2010, 01:40 PM   #8
MVP

duckfever8's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21

Good idea. Doubt it would be in the game this year however. Maybe in NCAA 12 for the PS4 and Xbox 720.
NBA-Portland Trail Blazers
NFL-Carolina Panthers
MLB-San Francisco Giants
NHL-Los Angeles Kings
Won't change this signature until Oregon wins a national championship (started 3/10/10)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »