Home

Authenticity

This is a discussion on Authenticity within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2010, 04:06 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: Authenticity

can I get a shot of my freshman QB puking before his first big rivalry game?
Old 05-09-2010, 04:06 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
I stopped reading after this because I figured you'd just go on being hypocritical. You are complaining about stuff you yourself is doing. You keep arguing "oh its a video game" or "oh they say they want it that way" or "just be happy its in".

You yourself can't complain about others when you are doing the exact same thing.

Good day.
Yeah, I'm not sure why people can't just let others post their likes and dislikes of a product without being persecuted over it, lol. It's almost like some folks get personally offended by it, or as if it ruins the game for them. I don't understand that. If I like something, billions of people could post a negative and it wouldn't make a difference to me or affect my opinion of the product one bit.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:07 PM   #19
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
I stopped reading after this because I figured you'd just go on being hypocritical. You are complaining about stuff you yourself is doing. You keep arguing "oh its a video game" or "oh they say they want it that way" or "just be happy its in".

You yourself can't complain about others when you are doing the exact same thing.

Good day.
perhaps you should have read on because i do say "WE". I'm not saying i havent complained or talked about things in the past like dreadlocks. But i usually say what i gotta say for a couple of pages in a reasonable manner and not just nitpicking complaining and then if the conversation is a good conversation i can continue having a civil conversation with people but once it turns to nitpicking, bickering and EA bashing then thats when it starts annoying me.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:11 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotagame
I love this thread. I was playing UFC the other day and noticed even they used camera angles not used in the real ufc broadcast to immerse you into the game. So it is not just ea that does it. I also think people take authentic too far as 1 guy pointed out. ex They use authentic for the sale of jerseys yet they are not the exact jersey types the pros wear. All in all I was sold when the 1st equipment blog dropped. Everything after has just been douple frosting on my happy cake.

What I think happened in the other threads is people attcked EA instead of critiqueing them. Some guys just come off ungrateful and I think that is where most of the arguments arise.
This misses the point. If you tell your customers you're giving them something authentic but it isn't authentic, you've created a problem.

Also, when you pay your own money for something you're not being "ungrateful". You're a paying customer voicing your opinion. It's not like them developing the game is a service to humanity, lol. It's a producer-consumer relationship, nothing more.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:22 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

You have to understand we aren't here bashing EA, we are giving them feedback about what is wrong in their games. Without us complaining Madden 10 would not have made the strides it did. I don't see why you all are getting upset about us wanting to give them feedback about what to correct.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2010, 04:22 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
This misses the point. If you tell your customers you're giving them something authentic but it isn't authentic, you've created a problem.

Also, when you pay your own money for something you're not being "ungrateful". You're a paying customer voicing your opinion. It's not like them developing the game is a service to humanity, lol. It's a producer-consumer relationship, nothing more.
Lol its funny soo you preview a product and realize it is broken, but you buy it anyways and then complain about it being broken??
Old 05-09-2010, 04:24 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

We buy it because what we aren't complaining about isn't a game breaking feature like the game crashing every 30 minutes. The things we complain about are what make the game great. Good gameplay can only get you so far, the presentation, entrances, etc. all add in to make it a good game.

― Plato
Old 05-09-2010, 04:36 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
We buy it because what we aren't complaining about isn't a game breaking feature like the game crashing every 30 minutes. The things we complain about are what make the game great. Good gameplay can only get you so far, the presentation, entrances, etc. all add in to make it a good game.
See I think this is where the convo turned for the worse. IMO you came off complaining as if it was a gamebreaking feature the way you worded your earlier post. I know you stated you liked the entrances too, but the damage was already done. Everyone wants the entrances to be as good as possible. As soon as you exhibited a great distaste for the Flag being wrong you wrote yourself a ticket to get bashed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »