Home

Game Planning vs. Game Flow

This is a discussion on Game Planning vs. Game Flow within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2010, 08:50 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Game Planning vs. Game Flow

I don't think Game Flow is in NCAA 11. Thus, a preemptive post.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:13 AM   #10
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

You realize of course that this feature, both in Madden or NCAA is completely unnecessary for anyone who considers themselves to be a "sim" player, right?

When you're playing the game, you have a gameplan in mind. You know you want to call certain types of plays in certain situations, and you do that. There's no reason to add another layer on top of it. It's not a bad idea for superstar/campus legend mode where you have to run whatever play the coach sends in to you - but for normal gameplay it's just not needed.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:11 AM   #11
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
You realize of course that this feature, both in Madden or NCAA is completely unnecessary for anyone who considers themselves to be a "sim" player, right?

When you're playing the game, you have a gameplan in mind. You know you want to call certain types of plays in certain situations, and you do that. There's no reason to add another layer on top of it. It's not a bad idea for superstar/campus legend mode where you have to run whatever play the coach sends in to you - but for normal gameplay it's just not needed.
Ok. I'm a hardcore "un-sim", "un-casual" and "un-cheeser" player. So i'll be using gameflow/gameplan.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2010, 07:38 PM   #12
Pro

Lava's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:

What? This feature is far more sim than going through the entire playbook after every play. Coordinators in real life don't do that; they have some plays in mind for each situation and they look at their card and pick one they feel the best about. GamePlan allows us to replicate that exactly in the game. It may not have necessarily been "needed", but it is a great feature in the amount of time that can be cut from games that would normally be spent scanning the playbook looking for the play you want, and it's something that I personally look forward to using a lot, as a "sim" gamer.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:43 PM   #13
Rookie

COACH WEBB's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm a high school coach and I script our plays based on first down, second down, third down, red zone, coming out, mid field etc, I'm loving this new addition. Can't wait to get my hands on it.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:33 PM   #14
Rookie

rollinphat's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
If they ever include a coaching carousel, then playbooks/plays could be part of each coach's or O/D Coordinator profile like in real life vs belonging to a school.

The size of their O/D playbook could depend on their experience.
Even further, QB exp./yr could decide the amount of Off plays available for the QB to run.
I like the QB's exp/yr idea, but what about just using their awareness rating instead.
I could have a freshman QB, but he might have an awareness rating of 90.
He's a smart kid. I could throw the playbook at him with no problem.
While I could have a Senior QB with an awareness of 74 that just doesn't get everything that we're doing. This would change the way we play the game as we know it instead of just putting the fastest QB in the game or the QB with the most arm strength or accuracy.
A QB could have 95 for arm and a 92 for acc, but it could be pointless if he only knows 4 plays (cheesers don't apply to this and I'm exaggerating on the number of plays).

you could use that for every player on the field.

maybe I have a speedster playing corner, but his awareness is low and he doesn't know what to do when I call a cover 3 leaving the other team an opportunity to take advantage of me calling a play that he doesn't know how to execute.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:22 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 11

gameflow seems phuckin ********...just give me the playbook
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2010, 06:50 PM   #16
Strategy

OVR: 36

Word!

Quote:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »