Home

Best Stadiums in College Football

This is a discussion on Best Stadiums in College Football within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2010, 10:27 PM   #65
Banned

brandon6317's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Best Stadiums in College Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
did you happen to clink the reference link for that "fact"? the "source" isn't very reliable so I'm just gonna go ahead and take Watson's and LSU website word for it on that one
thas the first thing that popped up when i googled it...you can take their word thas fine, i was just trying to tell them that Clemson is the original Death Valley..and as for Vt guy, if you know their fans then you would know they deserve it

just saw what you were talking about, i tried to relink it but it does the same thing..idk why

Last edited by brandon6317; 05-11-2010 at 10:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2010, 10:28 PM   #66
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon6317
thas the first thing that popped up when i googled it...you can take their word thas fine, i was just trying to tell them that Clemson is the original Death Valley..and as for Vt guy, if you know their fans then you would know they deserve it
Old 05-11-2010, 10:33 PM   #67
Banned

brandon6317's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTPack919
Old 05-11-2010, 11:16 PM   #68
Rookie

I'm sorry but this is the best atmosphere in college football, and the proof is in the product.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:07 AM   #69
MVP

UATide's Arena

OVR: 14

LIKE ^^^^^^^

This Is Alabama Football.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:27 AM   #70
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

OVR: 19

Best Stadium? DKR.

now if only we could fill it with fans that cheer... I swear the tailgaters are louder than the fans inside the stadium. you know youre in trouble when people turn around and give you dirty looks because you are jumping up and down screaming after a big play.

all this said... there arent many exciting games in DKR. Texas home games are usually over by the third quarter.

Last edited by Maxattax3; 05-12-2010 at 03:36 AM.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:49 AM   #71
Banned

Geekboy's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm about to settle this now. I've been to college football games across the country. I was at the USC-LSU 1979 game in Tiger stadium. It's not even close. The atmosphere and the noise isn't even remotely close at other places. To prove my point I will submit this from an article about Ronnie Lott and what he had to say about that game.

"It's probably the only time in my life I was intimidated by the crowd," Lott said. "A lot of great players have played in that stadium, but I don't know if any team has walked into that stadium and dealt with what we went through. From the time we landed to the time we left, I don't know if a team has ever gone through that."

But Lott, now a businessman in the San Francisco area, still speaks of the game in a kind of incredulous tone.
"Every one of us left that night saying 'that was a game,' but I still think about it that way," he said. "I haven't been in an event like that at any level of football. Out of all the games I've ever played in, I've never been in anything like that, and I am including my Super Bowls in that assessment."

End of argument...........settled.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2010, 07:47 AM   #72
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekboy
I'm about to settle this now. I've been to college football games across the country. I was at the USC-LSU 1979 game in Tiger stadium. It's not even close. The atmosphere and the noise isn't even remotely close at other places. To prove my point I will submit this from an article about Ronnie Lott and what he had to say about that game.

"It's probably the only time in my life I was intimidated by the crowd," Lott said. "A lot of great players have played in that stadium, but I don't know if any team has walked into that stadium and dealt with what we went through. From the time we landed to the time we left, I don't know if a team has ever gone through that."

But Lott, now a businessman in the San Francisco area, still speaks of the game in a kind of incredulous tone.
"Every one of us left that night saying 'that was a game,' but I still think about it that way," he said. "I haven't been in an event like that at any level of football. Out of all the games I've ever played in, I've never been in anything like that, and I am including my Super Bowls in that assessment."

End of argument...........settled.
Bear Bryant-
"Death Valley in Baton Rouge happens to be the worst place in the world for a visiting team. It's like being inside a drum"

and the "Deaf" was an unofficial nickname most AP writes gave it to differ it from Clemson's

And VT, that was a blowout. I say that was our best played game this decade, nudging the 05 Orange Bowl

@AdamdotH

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »