Home

Online $10 extra for used copies.....

This is a discussion on Online $10 extra for used copies..... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2010, 11:31 PM   #17
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Online $10 extra for used copies.....

I know everyone wants to act like whats the big deal because they are buying it new. But how many also turn around 1 month later and trade this game in for Madden. Well, consider your trade-in value for NCAA just dropped by $10 because Gamestop isn't going to take that loss; the customer is. So you are essentially going to be paying $10 more for the NCAA to Madden upgrade package this year even if you buy them both new.

I have multiple 360s in my house with multiple Live gold subscriptions / gamer tags. It is complete BS that I cannot take my game from one tv to another. Also, as someone pointed out. What if you quit Live and come back or any number of reasons that might cause you to change your live account/gamertag. You don't ever have to sell the game yet you will owe $10 to EA to play online again.

EA says it is to 'stop used sales' now but it keeps sucking in more and more features into it. Before you know it there will be a $10 online pass for everyone - new or used... you know, to provide the quality servers and online play that people demand from EA. That type of quality isn't free you know.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:33 PM   #18
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
I know everyone wants to act like whats the big deal because they are buying it new. But how many also turn around 1 month later and trade this game in for Madden. Well, consider your trade-in value for NCAA just dropped by $10 because Gamestop isn't going to take that loss; the customer is. So you are essentially going to be paying $10 more for the NCAA to Madden upgrade package this year even if you buy them both new.

I have multiple 360s in my house with multiple Live gold subscriptions / gamer tags. It is complete BS that I cannot take my game from one tv to another. Also, as someone pointed out. What if you quit Live and come back or any number of reasons that might cause you to change your live account/gamertag. You don't ever have to sell the game yet you will owe $10 to EA to play online again.

EA says it is to 'stop used sales' now but it keeps sucking in more and more features into it. Before you know it there will be a $10 online pass for everyone - new or used... you know, to provide the quality servers and online play that people demand from EA. That type of quality isn't free you know.
If you put that spin on it, couldn't you argue: At least EA gave us the courtesy of easing us into $10 mandatory payments instead of slapping it on us willy-nilly lol.

Anywho, is it July yet?
Old 05-10-2010, 11:41 PM   #19
Rookie

Catamount53's Arena

OVR: 1

Too bad i cant get the game for $10 cheaper because i dont play online
Old 05-10-2010, 11:45 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

On one hand I understand what they want to do due to used games screw developers.

One the other hand it is pretty low rate, what about the random guy who just wants to rent the game to try it out, or the guy who wants to take it to a buddy's house to play. They aren't getting the full experience.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:58 AM   #21
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by they call me kevin
On one hand I understand what they want to do due to used games screw developers.

One the other hand it is pretty low rate, what about the random guy who just wants to rent the game to try it out, or the guy who wants to take it to a buddy's house to play. They aren't getting the full experience.
7 day free trial to cover renters or "trying it out." heck, that covers the 7 day return period at gamestop, too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2010, 05:06 AM   #22
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
I played over 100 games online and never had one game that lagged badly. I would call your ISP.

Maybe you should play more EA games during launch week. It is well documented that their sports games and shooters like Battlefield have server issues the week the games are released.

One of Battlefield's producers even admitted that EA would not give Battlefield all the servers Battlefield requested prior to launch. EA mandated that an online capacity quota be met before they would open additional servers. As a result the game was nearly inaccessible online for the first three days. At one point users couldn't sign in to EA's servers for 8 consecutive hours.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:09 AM   #23
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

I would venture to say that this is something that they are trying to combat piracy with as well. People who get the game illegally are going to have to pony up at least $10 if they are wanting to play online. I know it wont stop piracy, unfortunatly, but EA is trying to get every little bit they can from it. Cant blame them
Old 05-11-2010, 09:40 AM   #24
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

maybe, sea, but piracy isn't really that big of a problem on either console, at least when compared to piracy in the PC, PSP, and iPhone markets.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »