Home

Official NCAA 2004 Slider Discussion

This is a discussion on Official NCAA 2004 Slider Discussion within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2003, 02:35 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA 2004 Slider Discussion.

I'm using AA with 9 minute quarters.

And regarding the CPU's run/pass ratio, you can only attempt to influence it if the team is part of the dynasty and has a coach assigned.

I've bumped "Run Blocking" all the way to the max for the CPU, and I've bumped "RB Ability" to 15. We'll see how this works.
Old 07-16-2003, 02:46 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 7

yeah, CPU needs better run blocking,i put them in negative yeards every game i played.
Old 07-16-2003, 03:53 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

my brother and i are playing heisman, 8 min quarters with the following sliders.
CPU offense:
pass block 0
qb accuracy 5
all others default

human off:
rb ability: maxed (20)
pass block: 15 (+5 from default)
run block: 15
all others default
cpu defense:
awareness: 5 (-5 from default)
break block: 5
all rest default

human def:
awareness: 15
all rest default

using these sliders in a dynasty where he is michigan and I am notre dame. He just lost the most realistic video football games i have ever seen to Florida. In addition to these sliders we have a couple other rules. For kickoff and punt returns we quickly change the gameplay to all-american level because on heisman our wedges usually are immediately destroyed. Also, the normal i-formation option can only be run without motion, otherwise it is too easy. One thing everyone may find interesting is that the "speed cheat" associated with heisman level is nonexistent when rb ability is maxed out. I determined this in practice mode by running counter traps until I could turn the counter and raced against the safety. On heisman level with maxed out rb ability, the ball carrier runs as fast as his speed and accel ratings say he should when compared with the defensive players ratings. Its really nice. By the way, we tried to make realistic sliders for all-american level but maxed out computer and minimized human sliders were still not a realistic challenge.
Old 07-16-2003, 11:48 PM   #20
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

A little bump back to the top here. I have tweaked the CPU's run block and ability up 3 notches each, and I assuming I need more, as they abandoned the run once I was ahead as usual. I bumped the human run block and run ability up 3 and I was able to run for 126 yards on 28 carries with Pitt's RB vs. PSU. I had previously not been able to get more than 56 yards with default sliders. I also have tweaked the CPU catching and Human catching up 2 notches from default. I saw far less drops, but this also probably needs more fine tuning. I am still getting 6 sacks and about 18 pressures a game on the QB. So I think I'm gonna bump up CPU pass block 5 nothces to 15 from the left and try that. I may also up human pass block by maybe 2 notches as my PA Passes are usually rushed badly leading to more picks. I've also bumped CPU QB accuracy up 3 notches as I felt I was getting a few too many picks and this also helps even out the pass rush inconsistentcy.

I haven't done anything with special teams sliders. Does anyone have any suggestions there or is it about right?

On penalties, I've seen it posted that you should max out all penalties to the right, except for facemask and holding which you leave at default. I think I'll try that, except I *may* bump up holding +1.

I'm playing 8 minute quarters on All-American through 4 games and I'm 2-2 for info purposes.

Please post any additional slider help in here or easy and organized reference.

Old 07-16-2003, 11:52 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:

Redfield said:
Like last year, I would recommend maxing out all penalty sliders except holding and facemask(leave them at the default level).

Dont forget to leave clipping at default also.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2003, 08:31 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm relatively new to these games, so I play on Varsity for now. I just had a game as OSU against USC. Statwise for USC, Leinhart threw for 147 and Dennis ran for -4 yards, but got 9 carries which has been more than I've seen lately for a lot of teams I've played against. For OSU, Krenzel passed for 149 and Clarrett ran for only 60, which I found to be a dissapointment. On the defensive end, I thre 5 INTs to their 1 INT. In terms of sacks I had 7 to USC's 1. So the offensive problems I found were both teams running games neede serious tweaking, and the passing games for each team were below average. Like most other posts I've read, I had a huge interception problem which definitely effected the overall outcome of the game (OSU won 10-7), and my defense got too many sacks. I realize no one really plays on Varsity, but any suggestions on how to tweak the sliders which way to gimme some help to make the games more realistic. Thanx...
Old 07-17-2003, 08:43 AM   #23
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16

My updated sliders to get the cpu to run the ball more.

AA 8 min.
(1-20 scale: 17 = +7 from middle)
Offense
CPU
QB acc 17
Run back ability 15
Run blocking 18

Human
Run blocking 7

Defense
CPU
Awr 13
Knock 15
Break block 15

Human
Awr 1
Knock 15
Break block 4

If the cpu still isn't effective against you on the run, try decreasing the human break block. If they are too effective, increase the human break block and/or decrease the cpu offense run blocking. But remember that these are designed to get the cpu 3-4 yards a carry or more. If you play with an average team against a high ranked running team, they should be able get 150+ rushing yards easily on you.
Old 07-17-2003, 09:28 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 7

JohnDoe, i used your sliders and after one half of a game, i like them. i only play 6 min quarters though and my results are pretty good. still can't seem to get the CPU to run, it's OSU vs. Michigan and the rushing is OSU - 36, Michigan - 5. the only things that don't seem right are defensive pressure and human run blocking. Michigan, has 6 hurries, a sack, 2 INT and a fumble recovery whil i only have 1 hurry and 1 INT. as for run blocking, 4 out of every 5 plays are for 1 yard or less. i'm gonna make some adjustments and see how the 2nd half plays out:

Human Kickoff Length = +1
CPU QB Accuracy = -1
CPU WR Catching Ability = -1
CPU Awareness = -1
CPU Interceptions = -2
Human Awareness = +2

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »