Home

Official NCAA 2004 Slider Discussion

This is a discussion on Official NCAA 2004 Slider Discussion within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2003, 08:11 AM   #1
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59
Official NCAA 2004 Slider Discussion

Let's get some slider talk going on in here once we get acclimated with the game. Suggest tweaks to AI, difficulty, quarter length, etc. We need some sliders to maximize the enjoyment of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2003, 08:16 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 7
Re: NCAA 2004 Slider Discussion.

i'm playing on AA w/ default sliders, and i think CPU Interceptions should be lower, there's been at least 5 in all the games i played, maybe CPU Awareness too.
Old 07-16-2003, 11:18 AM   #3
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

I hear ya. I'm throwing interceptions left and right and it wasn't this way last year..lol. I am really stinking it up. I'm giving up the deep ball and I can't run very well right now either...
Old 07-16-2003, 11:26 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 4

Well, I've got to play with it more, but this is what I have done, and it gives me a good game. Using All-American only.

CPU Offense: Increased WR ability +3, Increased RB ability +3 and RB Blocking +1

CPU defense: Increase AWR + 5, Increase Tackles +3, Increase Knockdowns +1, Increase Ints +2

Human Offense: Increase WR +2, RB+1

Human Defense: Increase AWR +4, Ints +2.

Everything else stayed the same. I'll probably play with it some more, but I've gotten 2 solid games out. Anyone else have any more suggestions?
Old 07-16-2003, 11:28 AM   #5
Erv
MVP

OVR: 10

the cpu pass block needs to be almost maxed out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2003, 11:28 AM   #6
Let's Go Pens!

LetsGoBucs's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

JohnDoe8865 said:
I hear ya. I'm throwing interceptions left and right and it wasn't this way last year..lol. I am really stinking it up. I'm giving up the deep ball and I can't run very well right now either...

Whew... I thought it was just me. I was thinking that either the CPU defense is better or I've lost a step since last season!!! I think I'm just "stinking it up"
Old 07-16-2003, 11:28 AM   #7
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16

the cpu offense needs to perform better, bothing passing (not much) and rushing, a lot. i think the cpu defenses are great... the adjust to your play and if they are fast, no going around them. i would argue that cpu pass and run blocking should probably go up a few notches. maybe RB ability should also be tweaked.
Old 07-16-2003, 11:32 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

This is an important thread, and one that should be "stuck".

Here's a question: What's the best way to go about defining the "perfect sliders"? In NCAA2003 I played 3 types of games several times each:

1) Me as a bad team against the CPU as a great team
2) Me vs the CPU as fairly equal teams
3) Me as a great team against the CPU as a bad team

I played each one a few times until I was getting the results I expected. For example, for #1 I was a "C-" team playing against Oklahoma. I kept playing it until I was getting my butt spanked by something like 55-14. Same concept on #2 and #3.

In other words, you shouldn't necessarily be seeking a true challenge if you're an "A" team playing against Wofford; likewise, if you're Wofford playing against Oklahoma you should expect to get creamed, and not adjust sliders to make it competitive.

How do you guys go about finding the perfect settings?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »