Home

What is your personal NCAA "ritual"

This is a discussion on What is your personal NCAA "ritual" within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2010, 01:49 PM   #9
Banned

Tarheel's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: What is your personal NCAA "ritual"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne Jr
for me i always get my early ncaa release fix by buying the Athlon Sports college football annual/magazine. it usually comes out in june. when i see that i know it's time for ea football.
Athlon is a must have for me (both NCAA and NFL). I usually get the game and just play a UNC "spring game" in exhibition mode just to get a feel for my team.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:33 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 19

Phil Steele's magazine is the one I have purchased the last couple of years. It has a ton of stats and scouting info. The problem with it is trying to read his version of shorthand that gets published. He's not a journalist, he's a hands-on publisher, and overall football junkie. It's like Mel Kiper, Jr. having his own magazine.

Isn't checking OS for the latest info a ritual?
Old 05-13-2010, 02:51 PM   #11
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

Read through/study Phil Steele's mag/formula; Pick up Sporting News mag for info on the lower divisions; Athlon for the pretty pictures. Play the heck out of the NCAA demo; spend hours in Teambuilder; make a trip out to the Doak to soak in the atmosphere; burn a Gator cap; rejoin the conversations with all my rowdy friends on Warchant; put on my throwback 16 year old torn Noles cap signed by Amp Lee and fire up the game, while waiting for the real season to start. This may also include playing Rufat's Seminole rap. May not.

Last edited by Ziza9Noles94; 05-13-2010 at 06:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2010, 03:54 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziza9Noles94
Read through/study Phil Steele's mag/formula; Pick up Sporting News mag for info on the lower divisions; Athlon for the pretty pictures. Play the heck out of the NCAA demo; spend hours in Teambuilder; make a trip out to the Doak to soak in the atmosphere; burn a Gator cap; rejoing the conversations with all my rowdy friends on Warchant; put on my throwback 16 year old torn Noles cap signed by Amp Lee and fire up the game, while waiting for the real season to start. This may also include playing Rufat's Seminole rap. May not.
"burn a Gator cap"
Haha, classic.
NCAAF: TCU, UT, Angelo State!
NBA: Mavericks

Mrwabbles - GT
Old 05-13-2010, 04:58 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5

Pretty much get a preview mag to get ready for the real season and to start scouting teams to use for a dynasty. On gameday, haul a$$ to the store after work, and commence playing ALL NIGHT. Last year I lucked out and had Jury duty, so no work all day and I got out of jury duty late morning and played all afternoon. Once I get the game, I spent the week or so waiting for rosters messing around in practice mode to get used to the game and scouting out teams to use (base my dynasty team(s) on their uniform accuracy, conference, conference prediction (middle of the road team) and rankings). My first game is usually OU vs a crummy team just to get used to the game feel then I will mess around with potential dynasty teams in "play now" mode until I settle on one. Once I get my rosters...it's on.

Last edited by boomersooner31; 05-13-2010 at 05:00 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:02 PM   #14
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Phil Steele for me. Although i did buy Athlon the last 2 years as well as another preview mag but both of them sucked compared to Steele's. Phil Steele puts out the best preview magazine of all. I go through his mag, then i usually pick out which 12 teams i'm going to use for my dynasty (usually the same 12 or so teams each year with only a few changes depending on the year). I also have gotten back into the swing of teambuilder making some teams although i have a lot of rosters to get done for that. Then when the demo comes out i'll play that.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:10 PM   #15
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

Athlon's, Lindy's and Phil Steele. I use Phil Steele as my roster bible when I'm making roster edits thoughout the season. It's a scribbled up mess by season's end. As far as my rituals, well, this will be my first current gen game, so I'm just going to have to get used to all the menus and such. I'll hit this site to see when rosters are available for download and when the imminent patch is released. I'll also do my yearly ritual and use this site for initial slider/settings research. Once I've got all this info, I'll be ready to finally start playing.

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2010, 06:27 PM   #16
Rookie

BIGD419's Arena

OVR: 5

1. Wait ALLLLLLLL day for midnight to come.
2. Go to GameStop and pick the game up.
3. Hop into a game with my Buckeyes and smack scUM around a little bit, usually on the default settings.
4. Hit practice, make a mental list of things I do and don't like.
5. Get on some sites like this one and talk about what I do and don't like.
6. Go to bed.
7. Get some sliders figured out if need-be.
8. Wait for rosters.
9. Hop into my dynasty once I get the names.
10. Go from there.

And there is the 10 step process to NCAA release success. Enjoy!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »