Home

The forgotten game aspect: special teams

This is a discussion on The forgotten game aspect: special teams within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2010, 12:44 PM   #33
Rookie

UF Fan's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: The forgotten game aspect: special teams thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne Jr
hopefully sometime in the near future EA gives more attention to special teams play. in all my years of paying ncaa/madden i MAY have blocked a kick or punt but it's been too long to remember. because close games are often times won or loss based on blocked/partially blocked kicks or punts, ea should really look into this.
Totally agree Bruce. This has to become a focus next year.

Broadcast camera fans unite!- Most effective OS thread ever!!!!
Old 06-08-2010, 12:59 PM   #34
We're Going Farming

Equinox831's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: The forgotten game aspect: special teams

I think that they should change the trajectory the ball takes off of the kicker/punter's leg. Every kick flies pretty pretty high but somehow still travels forward at a good rate. In real life, if someone kicked a ball like that, they wouldn't be making 40-50 yard field goals. For realism sake, make the kicks take off on more of a line drive so they have more of a realistic flight patch and they are possible to block, every blocked field goal I've seen (well the majority) have been from the a D-Lineman jumping up and swatting it down, which is impossible in NCAA and Madden.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:04 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Amen to that Equinox. Just make the trajectory vary some and we'd finally see an occasional block of a kick. Make it vary more wildly on longer field goals (down lower).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2010, 02:20 PM   #36
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10

On the topic of special teams, does anyone else have the problem of their kickoff team getting laid out by the cpu kick return team every single time no matter which team you are playing.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:25 PM   #37
MVP

ElroyJetson's Arena

OVR: 20

I dont think Ive had a punt return longer than 10 yards on ncaa 10, last gen on ps2 I would occasionally break one open and return it all the way.
Minnesota Vikings
JetLife
Old 06-08-2010, 02:35 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 6

While I agree that this would be a welcome addition, I can understand EA not adding this to the game. These things don't happen nearly as often as something random like a fumble, and if overdone they would then have these forums furious that they occur too often. It's like they can't win unless they do it perfectly. Realistically teams only block a few kicks each year, and some may not block any over the course of a season. Also, everyone says they wouldn't mind it to just be something random, but what happens when a conference title is on the line and your holder drops a snap on the game winning field goal? Then we'd have a 10 page thread devoted to the terrible timing and how EA screwed them over in their online dynasty. It's probably easier for them to just make it so that it hardly ever happens.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:36 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Yeah, I think i've had maybe one or two longer than 5 to 10 yards and that was just blown tackles. They really need to work on this mode to make it more dynamic. It's way too predictable as it is now.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:39 PM   #40
MVP

ElroyJetson's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Yeah, I think i've had maybe one or two longer than 5 to 10 yards and that was just blown tackles. They really need to work on this mode to make it more dynamic. It's way too predictable as it is now.
Exactly Im always seeing the blockers get blown past and all the defenders surrounding me and no wheres to go.
Minnesota Vikings
JetLife

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »