Home

NCAA Football 11 Dynasty Blog: 1 of 3 - Phone Call

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Dynasty Blog: 1 of 3 - Phone Call within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2010, 12:08 PM   #25
Rookie

tylerd02's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA Football 11 blog: Dynasty Blog 1 of 3 - Phone Call

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangler
I liked all of that with the possible exception of showing how many points ahead/behind you are of your competition. I kind of like having to read (guess) how much cushion or making-up I have (to do). I would be more interested in having several levels of interest shown on a meter (similiar to how it is on 10) without the numbers.

New graphics looked nice. Loved the comparison. Recruiting should be fun.
Agreed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2010, 12:08 PM   #26
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: NCAA Football 11 Dynasty Blog: 1 of 3 - Phone Call

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangler
I liked all of that with the possible exception of showing how many points ahead/behind you are of your competition. I kind of like having to read (guess) how much cushion or making-up I have (to do).
This.
I'm not gonna say that this will ruin recruiting in OD's but I think it will severely change the way things are done. For instance, there were quite a few times in our OD in 10 were someone would give up recruiting someone because they thought they were too far behind. Now no one never knew how far behind they really were, but they thought they were too far and that's all that matters. That seems more lifelike to me than seeing points. I mean Florida State doesn't really know how far they are behind Miami in getting that top recruit. They can just assume which is what you had to do before this. I'm not saying it's going to ruin recruiting, I just think it makes it less realistic. Honestly, I would like to see a national signing day and if the top teams were within 100pts of each other the recruit could go to either one of those teams. Now, that would be pretty cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I like the new look. I'm waiting to here what other changes they have. I'd love to hear if they added a recruiting difficulty.
I doubt they added that. We've been asking for that for years now with no luck. It would be nice though.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:13 PM   #27
Rookie

Jecooper9's Arena

OVR: 4

So far so good, I'm definitely happen with the changes they made to the phone call. It was becoming very tedious.

Like the compare feature and I actually like the ability to see how many points your behind the leader.

Excited to see what the other 2 blogs entail!
Old 05-18-2010, 12:14 PM   #28
Pro

Lava's Arena

OVR: 49

Solid blog. Nothing revolutionary, though, just a few cosmetic and detail changes.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:17 PM   #29
Rookie

floridagatorfan's Arena

OVR: 5

This just doesn't sound like it will capture the excitement that there is when following recruiting.

Winning a recruiting title is almost like a mini championship, and people go crazy over it.

Telling me how many points behind I am just sounds like it will make it easier and remove all suspense.

I'd like a prospect picking hats and have no idea whether or not he is picking my school.

It shouldn't always be like this, but there should be some surprises. I'd imagine coaches have a good idea where most of the prospects are deciding, but there are players on national signing day where a coach has no clue and it is a 50/50 shot.

This won't ruin the game in any way for me, but I would like recruiting to be much more exciting than it has been.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:17 PM   #30
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

Were looking good right now and let hope coaching changes is in the next blog...
Old 05-18-2010, 12:19 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 15

I completely agree with all you guys about the points. With all the awesome things NCAA 11 has shown us this year, I think this really brings it down a notch. We all have been asking for more ambiguous ratings, etc., now we know EXACTLY how many points we have with a recruit AND now we know exactly how many points the other schools have too. I think this is ridiculous, and it is too unrealistic. The ranking system they had with recruiting was perfectly fine, they didn't need to change that at all. The more I think about this, the more upset I get.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2010, 12:20 PM   #32
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

This way seems to make alot more sense.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »