Home

NCAA Football 11 Dynasty Blog: 1 of 3 - Phone Call

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Dynasty Blog: 1 of 3 - Phone Call within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2010, 12:22 PM   #33
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40
Re: Ncaa football 11 Phone calls part 1 of 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshanks
that's why we have teambuilder, i thought everyone knew this
So with teambuilder you can replace team FCS East 17?
Old 05-18-2010, 12:25 PM   #34
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NCAA Football 11 Dynasty Blog: 1 of 3 - Phone Call

I like the in season promises and the Compare Schools. Not a big fan of showing points. Can we turn it off?
Old 05-18-2010, 12:25 PM   #35
Rookie

vanderbiltfan87's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufgators253
That's actually the first time I've seen a 5 star fullback in the past couple years. Usually they are no higher than 3 stars for me.
I've seen quite a few 5 Star FB's over the years. I really wish they would mirror ESPN or Rivals when it comes to recruiting. There are only so many 5 Stars.

But what scares me is that they may have not touched what kind of recruits are generated. The last thing we need with the new locomotion is a bunch of recruits who don't have ratings geared towards realism. A 5'11 215 LB DE with 94 Strength would not make sense, nor would too many blazing WR's. Hopefully I am wrong, but this is one of the little things that can go a long way to making the game much more enjoyable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2010, 12:34 PM   #36
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Maybe just an On/Off Toggle for the points would be nice.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:41 PM   #37
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
I completely agree with all you guys about the points. With all the awesome things NCAA 11 has shown us this year, I think this really brings it down a notch. We all have been asking for more ambiguous ratings, etc., now we know EXACTLY how many points we have with a recruit AND now we know exactly how many points the other schools have too. I think this is ridiculous, and it is too unrealistic. The ranking system they had with recruiting was perfectly fine, they didn't need to change that at all. The more I think about this, the more upset I get.
lol, me too. Think about this. In 10, if your school is no.1 on the recruit's list, someone could be gaining on you while you're recruiting and you may not know it until it's too late because there were no indicators for small gains or whatever so you just keep doing your usual routine as far as recruiting. In 11, you will have an early notice that someone is gaining on you, so you can focus your attention more on that recruit.

Let's say I'm 50pts ahead of the no.2 team on the recruits list in week 5 and I spend 40 min talking to the recruit. After we advance to week 6, I'm only 40pts ahead of the no.2 team. If this was 10, I'd think I have the same amount of points ahead(the bar wouldn't move at all for 10 points) so I'd spend just 40 min on the recruit again. But in 11, I can see the no. 2 team catching up so I may spend an hour this time instead of the 40 min I would have used if I didn't know that the no.2 team was catching up.

As far as this is concerned, 10 is more realistic in my opinion. IRL, coaches/ schools don't know exactly how much another coach/school is gaining on them while recruiting. They may know that another coach is gaining ground on them, but they don't know exactly how much.

Everything else about the blog was cool, but I think this just dumbs down recruiting in OD's. It takes away the excitement of the recruiting "race" IMO.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:42 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I hope at least theres an option to hide the points.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:48 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 2
When are yall going to show a gameplay video for ex. (Georgia vs Flordia)
Old 05-18-2010, 12:54 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
lol, me too. Think about this. In 10, if your school is no.1 on the recruit's list, someone could be gaining on you while you're recruiting and you may not know it until it's too late because there were no indicators for small gains or whatever so you just keep doing your usual routine as far as recruiting. In 11, you will have an early notice that someone is gaining on you, so you can focus your attention more on that recruit.

Let's say I'm 50pts ahead of the no.2 team on the recruits list in week 5 and I spend 40 min talking to the recruit. After we advance to week 6, I'm only 40pts ahead of the no.2 team. If this was 10, I'd think I have the same amount of points ahead(the bar wouldn't move at all for 10 points) so I'd spend just 40 min on the recruit again. But in 11, I can see the no. 2 team catching up so I may spend an hour this time instead of the 40 min I would have used if I didn't know that the no.2 team was catching up.

As far as this is concerned, 10 is more realistic in my opinion. IRL, coaches/ schools don't know exactly how much another coach/school is gaining on them while recruiting. They may know that another coach is gaining ground on them, but they don't know exactly how much.

Everything else about the blog was cool, but I think this just dumbs down recruiting in OD's. It takes away the excitement of the recruiting "race" IMO.

Exactly...it really dumbs down recruiting. However, I really hope that it could go either way if teams are within a certain range of each other, for instance, if Nebraska and Colorado are within 50 points, we aren't sure who they will choose no matter whose in the lead.

I hope its not like, oh I have 500 points and the other team has 499 points so I automatically win.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »