Home

NCAA Football 11 Dynasty Blog: 1 of 3 - Phone Call

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Dynasty Blog: 1 of 3 - Phone Call within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2010, 01:27 PM   #49
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NCAA Football 11 Dynasty Blog: 1 of 3 - Phone Call

Do all those schools listed use a FB? Just curious cause I dont know for sure. It would suck for a school that doesnt use a FB to waste a scholarship on a 5* FB and never use him. You know, since the different offensive styles are in.

Would the AI have enough robot intuition to change his position to say a TB , TE or even LB?
Old 05-18-2010, 01:29 PM   #50
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufgators253
That's actually the first time I've seen a 5 star fullback in the past couple years. Usually they are no higher than 3 stars for me.
This. I'm hoping finally that there are more diverse recruits such as COVERAGE MLB's, of which there are never any recruits in previous NCAA's
Old 05-18-2010, 01:36 PM   #51
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Also, i really like to know where i stand with recruits, but thats just me. I am hoping if its close like both school have 500 or something its kind of random.

I'm also wondering if there's still that slim instant +3000 immediate commit if a recruit has you number one to start.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2010, 01:41 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 6

Look at the #2 and #3 team on the list.

Im sure it could be the same for the top 2-3 schools, before a player signs.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:44 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

The most important thing I think we've learned is that we will have access to a multitude of 5 star fullbacks. That's what I plan to stock my entire team with and I'm sure many others here plan to use the same strategy.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:51 PM   #54
Rookie

mangler's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinphat
I can't believe some of you are so quick to jump all over this (actually I can)
This is a good idea and its just like real life.

If school 1 is recruiting player A and barely leading for his signature they would know in real life if school 2 is closing in on him.

in the past versions of NCAA we were left in the dark. that's not how it is IRL.

with all the recruiting sites and information out there each school usually knows exactly where they stand in the recruitment of a player and if they are gaining or losing ground at all times. If I'm losing ground on said recruit, I'll talk to him on the phone more (use more points) and try to increase my lead for his signature. again...just like IRL.

having said that...I will be disappointed if there are no signing day surprises just like IRL.
I can hear Nick Saban sitting in coaches meeting right now going "I was just on The-Mainboard.com and I saw that we're only 40 points ahead for player X. This week I'm going to spend an extra 3 clicks on him and maybe try a comparison to UF on Playing time. They have 4 5*and 2 4* WRs, we only have 2 5*s and 3 4*s. Thank God for recruiting websites where the players tell you how many points we're ahead, otherwise Urby might have passed us this week."

In Real Life, players will say I have a top 3 or 5 or whatever and might say that so & so is in the lead, but they sure as hell don't say that if coach B sells be School Xs tradition for 30 mins next week I'm he'll get 90 points and that might move him in front. Or he might say that school X & Y are neck and neck.

Give me a meter that shows me general interest. Also, what would be great is a timeframe, choices could be pre-season, during season, after official visits, signing-day or no timeframe. Then it's not about filling up a meter but staying in 1st place until that player decides.

Then add a surprise by having a player be blown away on his official visit and commit when he said he was gonna wait until after the season.

I'd like to see something like this with a timeframe box added that you can unlock by talking to the recruit.

sorry to get off on a tangent there, but showing how many points you are ahead/behind is not realistic. I realize that for the sake of the game the players choose a school based on this points system. That's fine, but don't show them to the user, that takes away the variety and excitement and makes the game about a specific strategy and set of rules to get recruits rather than a game. IMO
Old 05-18-2010, 02:01 PM   #55
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangler
sorry to get off on a tangent there, but showing how many points you are ahead/behind is not realistic. I realize that for the sake of the game the players choose a school based on this points system. That's fine, but don't show them to the user, that takes away the variety and excitement and makes the game about a specific strategy and set of rules to get recruits rather than a game. IMO
Here's the thing that I don't understand about the complaints about the point system. From what I can tell by reading the blog, the point system is basically the same as it was last year. The interest bars on the top 10 list are the same as last year. The only difference is that now they show us the points (which were still there last year, we just couldn't see them).

I think the main difference is that we no longer seem to have the option to spam our Most and Very High pitches for 2-4 hours to ensure that we lock someone up.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2010, 02:01 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banks1212
I don't like that you know exactly where you are with recruits. Sometimes you do, but sometimes you never really know what a recruit is thinking until he signs. Other than taking the surprise commit away, looks good.
I just don't like spending hours for recruits stuff. It's drive me crazy!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »