Home

How does a "Recruiting Class Editor" sound?

This is a discussion on How does a "Recruiting Class Editor" sound? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2010, 12:45 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 19
Question How does a "Recruiting Class Editor" sound?

Looking at the latest post pertaining Dynasty, is having the ability to edit Recruits something "YOU" as a gamer would like for NCAA Football?
If so, how/what would it help?
And what would you like to edit?

For me:
Yes, Yes, Yes

It would help the Off-line Dynasty by allowing me to tweak/change what I feel I would like see from in-coming recruits.

I would like to be able to edit how many 1-5 star player's are generated per position, with the ability to edit any individual player.
At Minimum
-- Just selecting I want (2) 5 Star, (25) 4 star, (70) 3 Star etc.. WR's and let the game generate based off my selections

-- I could edit those/any "ODD" creations that are generated by the game.

I believe this would enhance gamer excitement while adding Replay Value to the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2010, 01:07 PM   #2
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: How does a "Recruiting Class Editor" sound?

Allow us the ability to create complete or partial (with the rest being CPU generated) recruiting classes and import them into dynasty mode every season; similar to Madden draft classes.

This way any extensive work done to make a recruiting class feel realistic won't be ruined when Boise State plays Southern Miss in the NC.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:38 PM   #3
Pro

jp7588's Arena

OVR: 6

It sounds like a no-brainer to me.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:12 PM   #4
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

I like this idea, but I also think we should always be able to edit ratings at any point in Dynasty (and in Madden too).
Old 05-19-2010, 02:25 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 10

This would be sooo great! Countless times have I created friends and myself as recruits in dynasty mode, and countless times have I had to recreate them. With this feature no longer is the recreation needed. Though I would like to add that the schools they are interested in should change each time they are imported into dynasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2010, 12:20 PM   #6
Pro

souljahbill's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
Allow us the ability to create complete or partial (with the rest being CPU generated) recruiting classes and import them into dynasty mode every season; similar to Madden draft classes.

This way any extensive work done to make a recruiting class feel realistic won't be ruined when Boise State plays Southern Miss in the NC.
This needs to happen.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:03 PM   #7
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

I think its a great idea for offline dynasty. We should be mold the Dynasty to our liking. And quite frankly, the rankings in NCAA are unrealistic.

For example, in real life, there are about 100 5, 4, and 3 star players in the state of Florida every year. 30-40% of them are prolly from South Florida Alone. So if I am controlling Miami, I should be able to sign 90% of my class from Florida prospects alone and still haul in a top 15 type of class.

On the game, there maybe are 2 5 star, and 15-20 4 and 3 star players from Florida...and thats on a good year. So if im controlling Miami, I have to recruit the majority of my players from Texas and California. It kind of takes away the realism, because Miami doesnt recruit the country like that. It makes the map pointless.

I think it should be like NBA2k which allows you to edit your draft class (Everything from ratings to size and look). I would love to have the option on NCAA to edit pre-existing prospects that the game generated and simply changing their home state (i.e taking the 5 star player from Alaska and making him a florida prospect), or boosting the ratings up and down, instead of having to take time creating prospects from scratch.

It's the small things such as this that would make the Dynasty all the more better for the user.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:51 PM   #8
Rookie

Lynx34's Arena

OVR: 4

One thing that I think should be added to this is the ability to add names to the name generator. There's all these Johns, Joes, Taylors, and Bills... Where's DeSean, Colt, Dez, Mason, and Keymiya? Obviously more common names could be weighted more heavily, but seriously... 4 years into a dynasty and the names make everything feel hopelessly generic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »