Home

Time to implement the "MLB the Show Effect" to NCAA

This is a discussion on Time to implement the "MLB the Show Effect" to NCAA within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2010, 02:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 8
Time to implement the "MLB the Show Effect" to NCAA

Disclaimer: for all the gameplay, dynasty and locomotion peeps out there i consider these aspects as numero uno. now to my issue

one of the areas i'd like for ncaa to improve upon is the oddities/novelties occuring during the game. mlb the show does a great job of adding the little things that add realism to an actual telecast. several things that come to mind are the fan interaction with each other (beach ball toss) and with vendors. then there's the reaching for foul balls. even during the pause menu, you can hear the pa announcer give information on information specific to the team. (side note: btw it's time for mlb to implement the pink bats for mother's day and the players wearing #42 for jackie robnison day). so let me know what side-game happenings do you want in ncaa?

Last edited by Bruce Wayne Jr; 05-20-2010 at 02:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2010, 02:52 PM   #2
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Time the "MLB the Show Effect" to NCAA

Coordinators talking to the O-line and D-line on the sidelines, showing them pics of plays.

Gatorade baths. (Guess that's more of an end of a big-game thing.)

Kickers warming up.

Backup QBs warming up.

Shots/cuts of guys reacting to big hits or great jukes. The "Oh snap!" reaction.

Guys turning to taunt the crowd/pump up the crowd...swinging towels, doing school signature motions, (tomahawk chop, hook em horns, da U sign, etc.)

Helmet to helmet headbutts to get pumped up.

Shot of guy going over to RB who just fumbled the ball away/pat on the back.

Shot of player on the sideline describing a big play. DB after a pick, Returner after breaking one.

Last edited by Ziza9Noles94; 05-20-2010 at 02:54 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:03 PM   #3
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Time to implement the "MLB the Show Effect" to NCAA

I'd much rather them fix the game engine first before the aesthetics are significantly improved. But it sure would be nice.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:24 PM   #4
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne Jr
so let me know what side-game happenings do you want in ncaa?
They need to put these girls in, they can change what they're wearing from team to team... if they did 100 cut scenes a game to these girls I would never tire of it...

Old 05-20-2010, 03:29 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
They need to put these girls in, they can change what they're wearing from bikinis to nothing... if they did 100 cut scenes a game to these girls I would never tire of it...

fixed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2010, 03:33 PM   #6
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by theharbinater
fixed
Or that too...

Old 05-20-2010, 03:41 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
I'd much rather them fix the game engine first before the aesthetics are significantly improved. But it sure would be nice.
If you understood Bruce's post to begin with, you would have gotten that's what he wants too. That's why he iterated that IN THE FIRST SENTENCE...

Now to what you asked Bruce, just today playing The Show, I saw the "Beach Ball" cutscene for the first time. I was like, where the hell did that come from.. NCAA needs those type of "SURPRISE" moments to capture the "show effect". What everybody said above is great stuff indeed. Me personally, would love to see a cutscene when a kicker misses a game winning FG, cut to the fan that's holding his head with his mouth open.. those are classic!!!

Ben
Voodoo
Old 05-20-2010, 03:44 PM   #8
MVP

Gossennator's Arena

OVR: 15

-I like seeing reactions from both sidelines whether its a touchdown, turnover, etc.

-They need to improve the replay angles, I want to be fooled by looking at NCAA 11 and the real thing..

-They also need to make post play and pre play more fluid. Seems like in NCAA 10 they were just standing around bumping into the opposing players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »