Home

Licensed Tracks For Stadiums in Madden 11, hope for NCAA 11?

This is a discussion on Licensed Tracks For Stadiums in Madden 11, hope for NCAA 11? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2010, 11:11 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: Licensed Tracks For Stadiums in Madden 11, hope for NCAA 11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Playing devil's advocate, I wouldn't do that trade. I really don't know what music is played when and where. It's better when its realistic but not all of the music is there.

Also, I don't want to upload and choose where to play music. Quite annoying if I"m doing it for a multitude of teams.
Yeah, I can see that point being made for NCAA because there are 120 teams(?) with 100's of different fight songs. But for the NFL, it's a different deal because most of what you hear in the NFL is the same popular music being played at every stadium for every team (except for team specific chants or the team theme song). Back when 2K had custom stadium sounds for 2K5, you just put their own music in and people loved it.

I like that Madden has included songs that we typically hear at NFL stadiums, but I just can't see how that can ever beat end user customization. What if I hate "Right Now" by Van Halen playing during kickoffs and would rather have "Start me up" by the Rolling Stones? Without custom event-based trax like NCAA has, I have no choice in the matter.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:17 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Doesn't NCAA already have custom trax? If that's correct then this can be done by the end user.

The fact that NCAA has custom trax is WAY better than Madden's situation. I'd trade you what Madden has for custom trax anyday, because with custom trax I can put whatever I want in the game.
Yeah, they have a custom trax option.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:54 PM   #19
Pro

Lava's Arena

OVR: 49

Ideally, Madden and NCAA would have both the option for custom soundtracks and accurate in-game music, but I doubt that'll be the case in NCAA for this season at least.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »