Home

NCAA Football 11 Video: New Features of the Game

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Video: New Features of the Game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2010, 08:26 PM   #33
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA Football 11 Video: new features of NCAA 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by boritter
It is a heinous animation. It's hard to judge locomotion from these packaged videos but it appears that #97 on Miami makes the annoying "turn 180 degrees on a dime and instantly sprint" movements that was supposedly fixed around the 3:56.

I hope I'm wrong.
I'm actually OK with that one. The DE wasn't running full speed and then made the 180 degree turn. It looks like he simply turned around after he had fought off the blocker. Point is, he was nearly stationary when he turned, which seems realistic to me. I'd be nice if there was a little better looking animation for the turn, but the physics of the play looked OK.

I also liked the Pryor runs. Especially right after he makes the spin move, you can kind of see him quickly plant his foot and cut upfield for the score. It still doesn't look as smooth, or as realistic, as I would like, but hopefully you can really feel the difference when you play it. NCAA 11 is still looking pretty good, but I'm very interested in Backbreaker. Can't wait to try it out on Tuesday.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:39 PM   #34
Rookie

ctindal21's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NCAA Football 11 Video: New Features of the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyBronco
Running game looks impossible to stop, hope you all are correct with saying it is on a lower difficulty level. Even though it has been mentioned numerous times, that throw was like watching a little girl throw a bowling ball. Talk all you want about replays and 120 ways to win, if the gameplay sucks, then all those other details wont be worth a darn

i wuz thinkin the same thing...i really do hope it wuz on lower difficulty, because if its that easy to run then it would piss me off to play someone that good with a Georgia Tech or Alabama...
NBA- New York Knicks

Old 05-21-2010, 09:23 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 5

Most of you guys are completely rediculous and over anylizing every little detail of the game that is not even out yet. The sky isn't falling and you all just need to chill, no need to get your panties in a bunch on some small throwing motion from a replay... People are looking for every negative thing possible. Just wait until you actually PLAY it to judge it. If its so bad after demo just dont play it...its that simple.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2010, 09:34 PM   #36
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito2009
Most of you guys are completely rediculous and over anylizing every little detail of the game that is not even out yet. The sky isn't falling and you all just need to chill, no need to get your panties in a bunch on some small throwing motion from a replay... People are looking for every negative thing possible. Just wait until you actually PLAY it to judge it. If its so bad after demo just dont play it...its that simple.
I'm not saying the sky is falling by any means. I love 99.99% of the things they've announced. It's a small thing I'm complaining about and I'm not going to not buy because of it... but it'd be nice if they'd get their heads on straight about it.

The whole point of great presentation is immersion. Immersion is the effort to assist in our suspension of disbelief. Everything that makes us think "video game" hurts that. That's why there's a "little things" thread for Madden and MVP- it's those little things thread that make you able to put yourself in the moment, and it's worth roughly half the hours you spend on a game, I'd bet.

"Beyond Broadcast" presentation, or anything that is done that can't be done during a broadcast, is the sports video game equivalent of breaking the forth wall.

Think of a game with exceptional gameplay but terrible presentation (say, for instance, the High Heat series), try imagining that game with outstanding presentation that just sucks you in and makes you part of its world. That's what I'm pushing for.

EDIT: My bad for not reading your entire post... you were referring to the bad animation, not my comments about replays. Still, going to leave the post intact because I think it builds on my point.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 05-21-2010 at 09:37 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:22 PM   #37
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13

These guys and their sales pitches every year are becoming sickening... Skip all these videos, why not just release a statement saying whats new, and one video showing everything.. In this age of infomercials why not just put it all out there at once..

Watching this vid, they sound like there selling a vegetable chopper on late night tv.

Interesting marketing strategy though (releasing a video on the same day the BB demo is released).

Last edited by blackscorpion11; 05-21-2010 at 10:24 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:26 PM   #38
Rookie

ctindal21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito2009

this is a forum last time i checked, isnt that what they are for...and different people pay the $60 for different things so people are entitled to their own opinion!!!
NBA- New York Knicks

Old 05-21-2010, 11:05 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
this is a forum last time i checked, isnt that what they are for...and different people pay the $60 for different things so people are entitled to their own opinion!!!

Didn't say you couldn't have an opinion, I am just saying that people are being rediculous. I guess thats my opinion of others posts... ;p.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:35 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 24

Looking forward to playing the game. It won't be perfect, but I think I'm going to really enjoy it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »