Home

Is Sony that much better than EA?

This is a discussion on Is Sony that much better than EA? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 12:52 PM   #1
Rookie

Zasnow's Arena

OVR: 4
Is Sony that much better than EA?

As mentioned in another thread Sony does a great job in The Show. They put in the little things that matter and the customization is good as well. So would Sony make a better football game? I would be curious to see. I know im not the only one tgat feels like EA is extremely lazy and does a poor job on alot of things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2010, 01:12 PM   #2
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Is Sony that much better than EA?

1999 called, it said no, sony cannot make better football games than EA.

I think people need to really think about how much easier it is to develop a baseball game as opposed to a football game. There is a LOT more happening on any individual football play than there is on any given baseball play.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:25 PM   #3
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

just because Sony baseball is good doesn't equate to a football game being just as good. You would have a whole new cast of developers working on the football title vs baseball.

All one has to do is look at other game developers to see that just because one game under the game developer umbrella is good doesn't equate to all being at the same level.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-22-2010, 01:34 PM   #4
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Apples and oranges... or in this case apples and watermelons. Sony can do a lot more with all the extra space on a blu ray dvd.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:36 PM   #5
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

I agree, 1 good sports game from a team doesn't equal another. Look at how great NBA 2k has been this gen and how horrible MLB has been. Same with how great the show has been and how horrible Sony's NBA game was. EA with NBA Live/Madden/NCAA vs NHL/Fifa.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2010, 01:37 PM   #6
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm trying to figure out how the thought process works. Wake up on a Saturday morning, eat breakfast, decide to create a troll post in the NCAA Football forum on Operation Sports. Yep, seems reasonable to me.

The Op could at least have put this in the Other Football forum, but no, I guess he wanted maximum casualties from his grenade toss.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:53 PM   #7
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zasnow
As mentioned in another thread Sony does a great job in The Show. They put in the little things that matter and the customization is good as well. So would Sony make a better football game? I would be curious to see. I know im not the only one tgat feels like EA is extremely lazy and does a poor job on alot of things.
Stop. Just stop.

Good lord...it's as if folks completely avoid the 987 threads on this forum that SHOW the upgrades EA is making.

They just come to this forum to make some soap box "b**ch and moan" post over...and over...and over.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:14 PM   #8
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7

I don't know if he's a troll poster or not but I think he has a point. I mean hell I bought a PS3 simply because of the "show" and I play it everyday. The presentation it brings to the game is what attracts me day after day after day. Developing gameplay may be easier to do when it compares baseball to football but what do I know? I'm not a sports game programmer. I'm sure most of us on here are not either.

The only reason Sony wouldn't touch it is because of the exclusive liscense EA has with college and pro football games. That's why I can't believe Backbreaker was developed or even thought of.

EA went wrong when they pretty much just transferred canned animations from the PS2 to the new gen. The game looks exactly the same with better art. If anything thats why they've taken a step backwords. They had a whole new console to develop and upgrade a whole new game and they tanked. I'm thankful everyday for demo's. It's what has lead me to never by a football game by EA.

I don't know if it's been mentioned but the PS3 allows for alot more disc space and I think Sony would have a field day developing a football game that would blow us away. Just my .02 cents.

I'm sure not one person on these forums could say they've been blown away by a EA football game. OH! What amazing gameplay and presentation! Really?

Football is the biggest sport going right now and football didn't live up to the hype of this gen gaming. That's not taking the bull by the horns.

And just for kicks and giggles, I'm not an EA *****. Just this past year I played the demos for EA's NHL and Fifa and it lead me to a purchase.

I long for a better football game everyday. I understand every game is going to have bugs and glitches. What I look for in a game is what's going to attract me to it everyday and everytime I play it and not trade it in 2 months later.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »