Home

IS ACCELERATED CLOCK IN GAME?

This is a discussion on IS ACCELERATED CLOCK IN GAME? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2010, 05:15 PM   #33
Banned

dopeboy206's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: IS ACCELERATED CLOCK IN GAME?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
I thought the accel clock from madden worked for both user and cpu?

it does for Madden. Chew clock in NCAA works only for the user. CPU only uses it when they are up in the 4th.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:35 PM   #34
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
I thought the accel clock from madden worked for both user and cpu?
It does. But a guy earlier suggested having us hold a button down to run off clock, and that would only work for the hum, not the cpu.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:48 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
It does. But a guy earlier suggested having us hold a button down to run off clock, and that would only work for the hum, not the cpu.
why wouldn't it work for the cpu? Can the cpu sprint, spin, etc.? then why can't the cpu run the clock to a certain time
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2010, 12:52 PM   #36
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBruce
why wouldn't it work for the cpu? Can the cpu sprint, spin, etc.? then why can't the cpu run the clock to a certain time
Why would the cpu do that? If they're down do they stop doing it? How far do they do it? Is it adjustable? Is it random? What variable. And that type of accel. clock would be too easy to abuse. The player could pick when to do it, so they could run a faster than no huddle offense for the entire 2nd half by not using it at all if they're down 21 points, and without tiring their players. It's just not a practical solution. That's more like Chew Clock 2.0 than Accel. Clock.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:00 PM   #37
Banned

Quote:
Why would the cpu do that? If they're down do they stop doing it? How far do they do it? Is it adjustable? Is it random? What variable. And that type of accel. clock would be too easy to abuse. The player could pick when to do it, so they could run a faster than no huddle offense for the entire 2nd half by not using it at all if they're down 21 points, and without tiring their players. It's just not a practical solution. That's more like Chew Clock 2.0 than Accel. Clock.
Well I suppose it would have a certain logic to it. and not sure I understand the 2nd part. I was undertanding it to be just run the clock down while at the line
Old 05-31-2010, 01:02 PM   #38
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBruce
Well I suppose it would have a certain logic to it. and not sure I understand the 2nd part. I was undertanding it to be just run the clock down while at the line
I'm talking about the user-suggestion of an accel. clock that the player controlled by holding down a button to run down the clock as far or as little as they'd like. That would not be a very good option (it'd be terrible online as well). Madden's accelerated clock does just automatically run down everytime, and I believe that is by far the best option.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:19 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 55

I really enjoyed Madden's accelerated clock. It added clock control without actually having to wait for the playclock to wind down.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 05-31-2010, 04:27 PM   #40
Banned

Quote:
I'm talking about the user-suggestion of an accel. clock that the player controlled by holding down a button to run down the clock as far or as little as they'd like. That would not be a very good option (it'd be terrible online as well). Madden's accelerated clock does just automatically run down everytime, and I believe that is by far the best option.
I don't honestly see what's bad. I mean, you'd wait the same amount of time if someone just sat there not snapping the ball, so why not?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »