Husker88Chief's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zasnow
all I had to do was kick a chip shot fg
That reminds me...

The worst meltdown of my NCAA Football career

I was playing a friend in a best of 3 game series. We were tied 1-1 heading into the final game. He had tied it up with like 20 seconds left, and I drove it down to the 30ish yardline with 2 seconds left and called a timeout.

I'm an automatic field goal kicker from anywhere under 55 yards.

However, as I lined up for the field goal, something in my mind went very wrong.

I temporarily thought the right stick aimed the kick.

A fluke in my brain.

Long story short. As I was trying to aim, I kicked a minimum power kick straight forward, when the post was 45+ yards forward/right of me.

Then in OVERTIME I scored a Touchdown and went for 2 for the win. I hit Noel Devine out of the backfield on a flare wide open. Instead of just catching it and walking in for the win, he decided to lay out and dive for the ball, catching it on the ONE INCH LINE for the loss.

SuperUberFail.

Nebraska Football: 12-2 (Big Ten Runner-Up & Capitol One Bowl Champions)

Kansas City Chiefs: 10-6 (1st in AFC West)
Old 05-28-2010, 12:14 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have been playing as LSU in online SEC Dynasties since NCAA 2009, and I always have trouble with whoever is Miss State.

In 2009, I was undefeated sitting with 8 or 9 wins, I still had to play Miss State/Ole Miss, and I wasn’t worried about either of those guys.

For some reason I was so thrown off by this guy’s defense (3-Man-Deep) I ended up down 35-3 at halftime. I had stuck to the run all year pounding it with Scott, but upon falling down 14-0, I panicked and started passing with Jordan Jefferson, he moved into the 3-Man-Deep, manually playing as a linebacker or something and picked everything off. I was pretty pissed thinking my whole season was down the drain at that point…..35-3 at the half.

3 Trindon Holliday TD’s (Opening KR, 2 PRs) later, yea I know it’s gay (but not cheese) I won the game 38-35. Most unbelievable comeback I’ve had….felt bad for the guy I was playing, but made my day haha.

Then to clinch the birth and the undefeated year I played the guy who was Ole Miss, he was beating me at the end of regulation but I was lucky enough to force overtime…during which I settled for a field goal and then on his ensuing possession went for a 4th and 3 inside my 10 rather than tying it…….and Beckham with the pic 6. Great season….unbelievable…too bad I lost to the cpu as Texas in the BCS National Championship Game (we played intense heisman sliders)……some great user games though, I’ll never forget them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

In 2010, had an SEC dynasty where I was LSU playing Miss State, he was beating me all game….came down to me being down by 6 with :03 seconds left on his 30 yards line. 30 Yard TD to Terrance Toliver in the back left corner of the endzone (1 foot in off the jump)….he’s an animal. I went on to lose the SEC Championship to Tennessee later that season……but I don’t know, I just don’t like playing those bulldogs, I haven’t come up short yet, but they’re always come from behind victories that take a few years off my life……

Man I love this game.

Last edited by themick074; 05-28-2010 at 12:58 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:31 PM   #19
Rookie

Husker88Chief's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by themick074
I have been playing as LSU in online SEC Dynasties since NCAA 2009, and I always have trouble with whoever is Miss State.

In 2009, I was undefeated sitting with 8 or 9 wins, I still had to play Miss State/Ole Miss, and I wasn’t worried about either of those guys.

For some reason I was so thrown off by this guy’s defense (3-Man-Deep) I ended up down 35-3 at halftime. I had stuck to the run all year pounding it with Scott, but upon falling down 14-0, I panicked and started passing with Jordan Jefferson, he moved into the 3-Man-Deep, manually playing as a linebacker or something and picked everything off. I was pretty pissed thinking my whole season was down the drain at that point…..35-3 at the half.

3 Trindon Holliday TD’s (Opening KR, 2 PRs) later, yea I know it’s gay (but not cheese) I won the game 38-35. Most unbelievable comeback I’ve had….felt bad for the guy I was playing, but made my day haha.

Then to clinch the birth and the undefeated year I played the guy who was Ole Miss, he was beating me at the end of regulation but I was lucky enough to force overtime…during which I settled for a field goal and then on his ensuing possession went for a 4th and 3 inside my 10 rather than tying it…….and Beckham with the pic 6. Great season….unbelievable…too bad I lost to the cpu as Texas in the BCS National Championship Game (we played intense heisman sliders)……some great user games though, I’ll never forget them.

In 2010, had an SEC dynasty where I was LSU playing Miss State, he was beating me all game….came down to me being down by 6 with :03 seconds left on his 30 yards line. 30 Yard TD to Terrance Toliver in the back left corner of the endzone (1 foot in off the jump)….he’s an animal. I went on to lose the SEC Championship to Tennessee later that season……but I don’t know, I just don’t like playing those bulldogs, I haven’t come up short yet, but they’re always come from behind victories that take a few years off my life……

Man I love this game.
Dude. No black text. I can't read it with the ESPN Theme. Highlight all the text and hit the button in the top right, the AA with the x through it.

Nebraska Football: 12-2 (Big Ten Runner-Up & Capitol One Bowl Champions)

Kansas City Chiefs: 10-6 (1st in AFC West)
Old 05-28-2010, 12:47 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 9

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/81872

im down by 4 with one second remaining and did an onside kick so that as soon as someone recovered the game is over. it was a glitchy play as you can tell, not by my doing, it just happened that way. i was trying to pitch the ball as soon as i got it and it never pitched and the defenders ignored me.

my favorite moment is ncaa 2004. my friend had never beaten me while i had miami. in an ugly ugly game im winning 3-2 late and he gets a fluke play that puts him in relatively short fg range to win the game. my cpu controlled strong safety maurice sikes just shot through the line and blocks the kick, only kick that i ever blocked on that game. miracle play basically
Old 05-28-2010, 12:57 PM   #21
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:

Man I love this game.
Dude, how the hell can you do that with trindon and not get smeared? Trindon was too easy to tackle in ever NCAA game

@AdamdotH
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2010, 12:59 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husker88Chief
Dude. No black text. I can't read it with the ESPN Theme. Highlight all the text and hit the button in the top right, the AA with the x through it.
alright fixed it. typed that up in word since i'm at work right now and have quota time unfortunately....didn't realize it would screw things up....had to share my story though haha. thanks for the tip.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:01 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
Dude, how the hell can you do that with trindon and not get smeared? Trindon was too easy to tackle in ever NCAA game
He was unbelievably fast in 2009....plus in 2009 the kick return pursuit was awful, if you someone kicked you to one side of the field with trindon, you could follow blocking to the middle and burst to the opposite side for a touchdown pretty easily....i'd say there was always a 50% chance of him returning a kick....a lot of people wouldn't kick to him in 2009....they fixed that bug up a bit in 2010.....but in 2009 he was unstoppable on returns. Worked out for me in that game.

I'd say in that one season, he returned a kick in each user game I played for the most part....I tried to limit my use of him against the computer just because I didn't want his stats to be too unrealistic....On offense I'd use him a few times a game on pitch plays/screen passes....there were a lot of people who exploited using him all game as their #1 back which was just completely unrealistic/cheese...I felt bad enoguh as it was using him the way I did; it was hard not to take advantage of having a weapon like that though.

Last edited by themick074; 05-28-2010 at 01:04 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:18 PM   #24
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
He was unbelievably fast in 2009....plus in 2009 the kick return pursuit was awful, if you someone kicked you to one side of the field with trindon, you could follow blocking to the middle and burst to the opposite side for a touchdown pretty easily....i'd say there was always a 50% chance of him returning a kick....a lot of people wouldn't kick to him in 2009....they fixed that bug up a bit in 2010.....but in 2009 he was unstoppable on returns. Worked out for me in that game.

I'd say in that one season, he returned a kick in each user game I played for the most part....I tried to limit my use of him against the computer just because I didn't want his stats to be too unrealistic....On offense I'd use him a few times a game on pitch plays/screen passes....there were a lot of people who exploited using him all game as their #1 back which was just completely unrealistic/cheese...I felt bad enoguh as it was using him the way I did; it was hard not to take advantage of having a weapon like that though.
I returned 2 with him i can recall. And can probably count on two hand the straight up TD's I had with him on '10....insane

@AdamdotH

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »