Home

Conference Restructuring in Motion...

This is a discussion on Conference Restructuring in Motion... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2010, 04:24 PM   #1
Rookie

nbluedevils's Arena

OVR: 6
Exclamation Conference Restructuring in Motion...

http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1090747

It seems rather likely that this offer, which stands to add six Big 12 teams to the Pac 10, will go through (mostly for the added TV revenue that the teams will get, combined with the recent turmoil in the Big 12).

How do you think this will affect the game? Will they have to patch it in or will they have it resolved before the game ships?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2010, 04:32 PM   #2
Rookie

mcshea's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Conference Restructuring in Motion...

Any realignment agreement done this close to the season would not go into affect until another year or two. So it wouldn't change anything for the 2010-11 season.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:35 PM   #3
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbluedevils
http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1090747

It seems rather likely that this offer, which stands to add six Big 12 teams to the Pac 10, will go through (mostly for the added TV revenue that the teams will get, combined with the recent turmoil in the Big 12).

How do you think this will affect the game? Will they have to patch it in or will they have it resolved before the game ships?
If conferences restructure, we won't even see any real-life changes for a couple years. So the game won't change at all. If a school accepts their invitation, they have to give their current conference the heads up. I think I read somewhere that the Big East has a 27-month waiting period for a school to leave. So if any of these moves happened, they will not be on the game, there will not be a patch, etc. Because the moves wouldn't go into effect for at least 2 years in real life.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:52 PM   #4
Rookie

nbluedevils's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampStomper90
If conferences restructure, we won't even see any real-life changes for a couple years. So the game won't change at all. If a school accepts their invitation, they have to give their current conference the heads up. I think I read somewhere that the Big East has a 27-month waiting period for a school to leave. So if any of these moves happened, they will not be on the game, there will not be a patch, etc. Because the moves wouldn't go into effect for at least 2 years in real life.

Ahh...good call. Didn't realize that. But still, interesting development for sure.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:24 PM   #5
Rookie

jolson88's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbluedevils
Ahh...good call. Didn't realize that. But still, interesting development for sure.
No kidding. Perhaps I don't follow college football close enough, but I definitely didn't see this coming. As a Pac-10 guy, this seems pretty exciting though .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2010, 05:43 PM   #6
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10

16 team conferences are bad for football imo. Too many teams.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:08 PM   #7
Rookie

Vaporub83's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGFOOT999
16 team conferences are bad for football imo. Too many teams.
I agree you end up having teams not play each other. That is a terrible way to find out who the champion of the conference is.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:13 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 55

If leagues are getting this big, why not mimic pro sports and have a top tier conference of 20-30 teams followed by lower tier conferences. Maybe conference championship or some kind of playoff could circumvent the BCS (I'm dreaming).

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »