Home

Who should be the highest rated player by postion?

This is a discussion on Who should be the highest rated player by postion? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2010, 04:26 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Who should be the highest rated player by postion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
QB: Keenum/Ponder
HB: Ingram
WR: Green
TE: DJ Williams/Rudolph
T: Carimi
G: Hudson
C: Pouncey
DE: Romeus/Clayborn/Quinn
DT: Austin
OLB: Travis Lewis
MLB: Greg Jones
CB: Peterson
S: Barron/DeAndre McDaniel/Rahim Moore
I agree with your list, here's my additions

QB: Kellen Moore has to be top 3, along with Locker/Ponder/Keenum
CB: Aaron Williams Tx
Old 06-04-2010, 06:01 PM   #10
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Who should be the highest rated player by position?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWillard2
Julio Jones is as overrated as they come. Sure he can jump high and make freakish catches, but he is a terrible route runner and catches the ball with his body.

AJ Green, Jonathan Baldwin are better than him
Agreed

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 06-04-2010, 06:16 PM   #11
Rookie

icmOU72's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWillard2
Julio Jones is as overrated as they come. Sure he can jump high and make freakish catches, but he is a terrible route runner and catches the ball with his body.

AJ Green, Jonathan Baldwin are better than him
If Jones would have come to a university that doesnt just rely on pounding the ball and playing great defense, he would be an all-american. I will still never understand why he went to a school where he will probably have less than 15 career td catches when he could have come to ou and got that in a year. I dont think mark ingram is even the best rb on his team. That richardson kid looked really good. I gotta believe that ryan broyles of OU is a top 5 reciever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2010, 06:53 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by icmOU72
If Jones would have come to a university that doesnt just rely on pounding the ball and playing great defense, he would be an all-american. I will still never understand why he went to a school where he will probably have less than 15 career td catches when he could have come to ou and got that in a year. I dont think mark ingram is even the best rb on his team. That richardson kid looked really good. I gotta believe that ryan broyles of OU is a top 5 reciever.
AJ Green, Jonathan Baldwin, Ryan Broyles, Michael Floyd, Jeff Fuller are all better.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:35 PM   #13
MVP

UATide's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Ingram is not the best RB on our team, and still got Heisman. Richardson is a much more complete back, trust me. Just wait and see....

Back on topic:

QB: Locker
RB: Ingram
WR: Green

This Is Alabama Football.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:41 PM   #14
THE Standard in CFB

Bamafan3723's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Julio needs to concentrate on catching the ball when it hits him in the hands. That has nothing to do with Alabama's offensive style. As to the bolded portion of your post, maybe he wanted to be a national champion.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:06 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Who should be the highest rated player by postion?

As an Alabama fan, Julio Jones is one of the most overrated player to play the game in the past couple of years. I would not call him a flop. He has made some big plays. Mainly in his freshman season. He dropped at least 20 passes last season. Colin Peak was our most dependable receiver last season. Followed by Maze and Hanks. Juilio (pardon the pun) really dropped the ball last season. Sure, there were a few exceptions, Auburn and LSU. Trent Richardson will probably take the starting job by the 5th game of the season. Ingram isn't even in the same ball park as him. Richardson is one of the most complete backs I have ever seen strap on pads. I seen him make some spectacular grabs in the spring game. Its a shame Ingram and Richardson aren't on the field at the same time. Could you imagine a triple option wrinkle with these 2 guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2010, 01:24 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne Jr
i'll throw out a few...
qb: j. locker
rb: m. ingram
wr. j. jones or a. green
de: r. quinn
lb: ?
db. p. peterson
The offensive players on this list are not the best at their position....they're just popular.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »