Home

Christrian Ponder Rating What you think

This is a discussion on Christrian Ponder Rating What you think within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2010, 07:03 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Christrian Ponder Rating What you think

1GATORFAN4EVA its hard to throw a td pass when all of your players are fumbling the ball. The Jax State game ponder had 300 plus yards, the problem was his players could not hold onto the ball. Same thing with usf, he would hit a wr and when the wr got within the 10 he would get hit and fumble. Also against USF he had a lovely td pass rolling to his left but got called back due to a phantom holding call.

Ponder played lights out last year and only one lose could be really pinned on him, the clemson game. It was the defenses fault. Heck look at Tebow in 2007. Florida's defense was not that good and Tebow couldn't will his way to victory every week because you need some what of a defense to win games. Ponder was the same way last year, but with a way worse defense then tebow had in 2007.

Oh and your powerhouse conference of the SEC, its great, but your side is lacking in terms of power. Kentucky, Vandy, south carolina are horrible, and tenn and ga are ok. Call me back when you play an OOC game against an opponent outside of the state of florida and who is in the top 50. When was the last time florida did that, oh yea 1991 against Syracuse.

Last edited by guitar4468; 06-05-2010 at 07:06 PM.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:21 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1

Wow just getting in from work read through the whole thread. Three things: Ponder will be a first round pick very intelligent, and like one fsu guy said his arm is better than ever. Secondly why do gators fans hate dont forget you guys are coming to tally this season. Thirdly i really hope his throwing power is 92 with 84 speed on ncaa 11 i cant wait to play with the noles.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:26 PM   #35
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUnolefan1211
Before the Clemson game, Ponder had a 13:3 TD to INT ratio, and was completing almost 70% of his passes. He played through the NC State and Clemson games (his last 2 games before getting injured vs. Clemson) with injured ribs. There wasn't one game other than the Clemson game last year that you can blame him for the loss, as FSU had one of the worst defenses in the nation and couldn't stop anyone.

And what he did @ UNC, one of the best defenses in the country with 4 or 5 future 1st round picks, was insane. 33-40 for 395 yards and 3 tds, including finishing the game 16-16 with all 3 tds in the second half, and coming back from being down by 18 in the 3rd quarter to win 30-27.

And to the guy who says Ponder's arm isn't good, you must not of seen him throw in the spring. He was at 75% recovered from shoulder surgery and was throwing some absolute bombs. His arm is better now than its ever been.
What he said, dude's got an absolute cannon this year. from what i saw, Ponder's arm is much stronger than last.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2010, 07:30 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

So you seen him play in the spring game i wish it was a way i could see some footage im a die hard fsu fan man!
Old 06-05-2010, 07:51 PM   #37
Banned

1GATORFAN4EVA's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar4468
1GATORFAN4EVA its hard to throw a td pass when all of your players are fumbling the ball. The Jax State game ponder had 300 plus yards, the problem was his players could not hold onto the ball. Same thing with usf, he would hit a wr and when the wr got within the 10 he would get hit and fumble. Also against USF he had a lovely td pass rolling to his left but got called back due to a phantom holding call.

Ponder played lights out last year and only one lose could be really pinned on him, the clemson game. It was the defenses fault. Heck look at Tebow in 2007. Florida's defense was not that good and Tebow couldn't will his way to victory every week because you need some what of a defense to win games. Ponder was the same way last year, but with a way worse defense then tebow had in 2007.

Oh and your powerhouse conference of the SEC, its great, but your side is lacking in terms of power. Kentucky, Vandy, south carolina are horrible, and tenn and ga are ok. Call me back when you play an OOC game against an opponent outside of the state of florida and who is in the top 50. When was the last time florida did that, oh yea 1991 against Syracuse.

Oh i forgot it was the rain that took away his Td's my bad...... Why would play a OOC game with a good team we play teams in the SEC that have won the LAST 4 titles an we beat any team we face in the BSC Championship game..... An ya the SEC east is not good right now but either way you have to play the Best team from the west in the SEC title game.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:21 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 3

If you would have actually watched him play instead of completely going by stats you would know that he played very well last year. He carried the entire team with his arm. FSU had no running game and no defense at all. Ponder was picking apart defenses and making play after play last year when FSU needed it either with his arm OR his legs.

He is a very smart QB with a decent arm, good speed, and really good accuracy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCuu6UyO3B0
Old 06-05-2010, 08:34 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATORFAN4EVA
Oh i forgot it was the rain that took away his Td's my bad...... Why would play a OOC game with a good team we play teams in the SEC that have won the LAST 4 titles an we beat any team we face in the BSC Championship game..... An ya the SEC east is not good right now but either way you have to play the Best team from the west in the SEC title game.
Hey but bama and lsu play a pretty decent OOC, why can't florida. They also play in the tougher division? Florida is smart in terms of their scheduling, dont get me wrong, but dont come talking about the big bad sec when florida only plays a hand full of the good teams in the west once in a while.

Anyway, why don't you watch him before you pass judgment. Ponder is a good qb and has the opportunity to be great. He can read defenses and jimbos offense is one of the closest to the nfl in college. He will be ready come draft day next year. Also look at Jake lockers stats, they werent much better than ponders, yet everyone is saying he is the top pick in the draft.

Last edited by guitar4468; 06-05-2010 at 08:49 PM.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:33 PM   #40
Banned

1GATORFAN4EVA's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cha0ss0ldier
If you would have actually watched him play instead of completely going by stats you would know that he played very well last year. He carried the entire team with his arm. FSU had no running game and no defense at all. Ponder was picking apart defenses and making play after play last year when FSU needed it either with his arm OR his legs.

He is a very smart QB with a decent arm, good speed, and really good accuracy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCuu6UyO3B0
I don't wanna watch the dude it's fsu lol, an well of course you can carve up D's all day long but that don't mean crap if you don't get it in the endzone witch by stats he didn't do very much. Idk what you Fsu fans are worried about he's gonna be a 95 overall... EA is so in love with your team it's not even funny an I'm sure that plain bad DEFENSE will get at least a B+ you watch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »