Home

NCAA needs player tendencies

This is a discussion on NCAA needs player tendencies within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2010, 10:50 PM   #9
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28
Re: NCAA needs player tendencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxamander
I see a lot of talk about ratings, but, surprisingly, I never see anyone talk about one huge area NCAA has never addressed to my knowledge: player tendencies. In NCAA, 2 quarterbacks with the same ratings will pretty much play the same against you. What if we had tendencies that made certain QB's throw deep more often, or try to scramble more often, or try to fit a pass into an impossible window. Of course, the same would apply to all other positions. Some runningbacks would have an east/west tendency, some would have a north/south tendency, and so on.

Tendencies could also play into cut scenes. We all know that some players are flashy and cocky, and some are laid back. Some like to party in the end zone and some are all business. Some get in shoving matches after the play and some walk away. I'd love to see this represented in some way in NCAA Football.

I don't know about y'all, but by the time I get 4+ years into dynasty and all the players are fictional, I have a hard time distinguishing one from the other. This would, I think, go a long way toward giving the players some personality.
Great idea..one huge problem...its the NCAA and the second you start adding tendencies to certain players you are done.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:52 PM   #10
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890
Great idea..one huge problem...its the NCAA and the second you start adding tendencies to certain players you are done.
Yup, it's just another lawsuit waiting to happen for using player likeness...would be great to have but we are dealing with an NCAA title, so it's a no no
Old 06-07-2010, 01:52 AM   #11
Pro

Lava's Arena

OVR: 49

Great idea, OP. I hope they implement this somehow in the near future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2010, 05:27 AM   #12
Rookie

Morning Thunder's Arena

OVR: 2

I have thought about this alot, tendencies are just as important as ratings

HB-
East West vs North South
Juke/Dance vs. Truck
Cut vs. Straight up Blocking
WR-
Catch with hands vs. body
Go down to avoid hit vs. fighting for extra yds.
Block vs. Running the corner off.
Crack LB vs Moving to the next level (safety)

DB-
(INT) go for the ball vs the hit
Strip vs tackle
low tackle vs high tackle
hard hit vs. wrapping up
Juke potential blockers vs. trying to overpower them
Old 06-07-2010, 07:21 AM   #13
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

I feel like we get a player's tendencies now, but we only see that in recruiting when we recruit a scrambler or a pocket passer quarterback. I am guessing you mean once the player is in his career. I will agree it would be nice to know the tendencies, but in the mean time, I guess you could look at his ratings and/or stats.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:50 AM   #14
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcboiler87
I feel like we get a player's tendencies now, but we only see that in recruiting when we recruit a scrambler or a pocket passer quarterback. I am guessing you mean once the player is in his career. I will agree it would be nice to know the tendencies, but in the mean time, I guess you could look at his ratings and/or stats.
See, that pocket passer vs. scrambler describes their ratings, not their tendencies. It's one thing to have speed and another thing to be a scrambler. In real life there are some guys who look to scramble even though they shouldn't, and there are guys with better speed who just don't scramble because they would rather pass from the pocket.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:51 AM   #15
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890
I don't think using tendencies is going to get you sued any faster than using, for instance, the player's number and skin tone.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »