Home

NCAA needs player tendencies

This is a discussion on NCAA needs player tendencies within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2010, 07:58 PM   #1
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19
NCAA needs player tendencies

I see a lot of talk about ratings, but, surprisingly, I never see anyone talk about one huge area NCAA has never addressed to my knowledge: player tendencies. In NCAA, 2 quarterbacks with the same ratings will pretty much play the same against you. What if we had tendencies that made certain QB's throw deep more often, or try to scramble more often, or try to fit a pass into an impossible window. Of course, the same would apply to all other positions. Some runningbacks would have an east/west tendency, some would have a north/south tendency, and so on.

Tendencies could also play into cut scenes. We all know that some players are flashy and cocky, and some are laid back. Some like to party in the end zone and some are all business. Some get in shoving matches after the play and some walk away. I'd love to see this represented in some way in NCAA Football.

I don't know about y'all, but by the time I get 4+ years into dynasty and all the players are fictional, I have a hard time distinguishing one from the other. This would, I think, go a long way toward giving the players some personality.

Last edited by Anaxamander; 06-06-2010 at 08:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2010, 08:05 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA needs player tendencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxamander
I see a lot of talk about ratings, but, surprisingly, I never see anyone talk about one huge area NCAA has never addressed to my knowledge is player tendencies. In NCAA, 2 quarterbacks with the same ratings will pretty much play the same against you. What if we had tendencies that made certain QB's throw deep more often, or try to scramble more often, or try to fit a pass into an impossible window. Of course, the same would apply to all other positions. Some runningbacks would have an east/west tendency, some would have a north/south tendency, and so on.

Tendencies could also play into cut scenes. We all know that some players are flashy and cocky, and some are laid back. Some like to party in the end zone and some are all business. Some get in shoving matches after the play and some walk away. I'd love to see this represented in some way in NCAA Football.

I don't know about y'all, but by the time I get 4+ years into dynasty and all the players are fictional, I have a hard time distinguishing one from the other. This would, I think, go a long way toward giving the players some personality.
I agree and would love for player tendancies, like on NBA 2k series. I also do believe it would be too much work and disk space to add this to the game. As NBA and College your only dealing with 12 players on a team, while on football your dealing with 70.

What I do to stay interested in my dynasty is after the first season is completed, I add high school seniors into the game on teams that they signed with. Their are also list with top 150 high school juniors and 50 sophmores. This allows me to go deep into my dynasty and sometimes even Madden.

I also create the top 25 player who are uncommitted and see where they end up.

Last edited by MWillard2; 06-06-2010 at 08:08 PM.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:07 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Great idea
Old 06-06-2010, 08:07 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think this would be a great idea that would add some depth to dynasty, but I think it would just be calculated like another rating. (which makes sense) You just dont want these ratings to make the players too predictable. It would be interesting to see that in the game though.

my teams:
  • NFL: GREEN BAY PACKERS
  • NCAA: Penn State
Old 06-06-2010, 08:29 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 9

the fifa series has an aggression rating
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2010, 08:37 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 13

EA has 'tendencies' to a point; it's just that they always screw up the player skill set.

Example: if you have a QB with 90 speed but he is also a very accurate passer, he'll never scramble. But if you turn down his accuracy, the player will start to scramble a lot more than before.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:39 PM   #7
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxamander
I see a lot of talk about ratings, but, surprisingly, I never see anyone talk about one huge area NCAA has never addressed to my knowledge: player tendencies. In NCAA, 2 quarterbacks with the same ratings will pretty much play the same against you. What if we had tendencies that made certain QB's throw deep more often, or try to scramble more often, or try to fit a pass into an impossible window. Of course, the same would apply to all other positions. Some runningbacks would have an east/west tendency, some would have a north/south tendency, and so on.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-gameplay.html

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:24 PM   #8
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

no tendencies= no purchase for me with these football games

teams and players need an identity

#18 greatest EVA....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »