Home

NCAA Football 11 Dynasty Blog 3 of 3 - Recruiting Logic and Extras

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Dynasty Blog 3 of 3 - Recruiting Logic and Extras within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2010, 08:04 PM   #49
MVP

duckfever8's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NCAA Football 11 Dynasty Blog 3 of 3 - Recruiting Logic and Extras

If that big feature for Online Dynasty is Coaching Carosuel and it's not available for offline dynasty, i'm going to be so pissed off. Still, fixing the recruiting logic was important. Just have to make sure that teams recruit to their play styles or all this would mean nothing if we still have pocket passers at Navy or Georgia Tech.
NBA-Portland Trail Blazers
NFL-Carolina Panthers
MLB-San Francisco Giants
NHL-Los Angeles Kings
Won't change this signature until Oregon wins a national championship (started 3/10/10)
Old 06-07-2010, 08:16 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0
I think that it would be sweet if you could bring in recruits early out of high school and develop them in the off-season. A optional spring game would be cool so development of player would be in your hand rather then the CPU. I also think it would be cool if the game the recruit attended in dynasty mattered. For example the school will get a higher grade if the recruit is on campus when you beat your rival compared to you beating a 1-aa school and you could get a down grade if you lose the game they attend.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:19 PM   #51
Banned

dopeboy206's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkam89
I'm disappointed in these "dynasty" blogs. They were really just recruiting blogs. There was very little information that pertained to other parts of dynasty mode (new trophies, 1/2 sacks, one week bowl season).
Hopefully they are saving something bigger, like coaching carousel, to be in a blog by itself (or E3).

You're not alone. I am with you on that. I was hoping for a spring game, US Army HS All- American game, spectator mode in online dynasty, coaching carousel, and other features. All these dynasty blogs mostly talk about is recruiting and stuff that are kind of boring.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2010, 08:42 PM   #52
Banned

Kentucky3D's Arena

OVR: 6

So glad to hear about the recruiting difficulty mode and the greatly improved recruit logic. That was the biggest thing holding this series back since dynasty mode was first introduced in 1999. Dynasty mode just isn't fun when USC, Texas, Florida, and Alabama aren't powerhouses.

Not upset about lack of a Spring Game, it would be pointless to add that without adding full 85 man rosters, which may not ever be added due to the 360's disc space limitations. It was a boring mode to play last-gen because you wouldn't have enough players for 2 teams like in real life.

The only other features I would've like for them to add were full 85 man rosters, greyshirting, medical redshirting, recruits not qualifying and getting placed in JUCOs, and coaching carousel.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:50 PM   #53
Rookie

Cubs017's Arena

OVR: 2

Sounds good. I would like to see some more variation in ratings for recruits, though, to make things better for smaller schools. Every once and a while you'll get a guy like Dan LeFevour (who hardly anyone wanted) who ends up being one of the best college QB's ever.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:56 PM   #54
MVP

I Peench's Arena

OVR: 17

I'm a bit taken back by this blog. Obviously its an upgrade, but I feel their emphasis is misplaced. With all of this effort into promoting different styles of offense, where is the logic in teams recruiting players that fit their different offensive schemes? This will undermine the 120 ways to win throughout dynasty mode.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:01 PM   #55
Pro

OVR: 8

All the other blogs were meh to me (I'll believe it when I see it type stuff)...I liked this one solely because of the ability to change the recruiting difficulty. Still not a buy for me...but at least I dug this blog.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2010, 09:07 PM   #56
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Peench
I'm a bit taken back by this blog. Obviously its an upgrade, but I feel their emphasis is misplaced. With all of this effort into promoting different styles of offense, where is the logic in teams recruiting players that fit their different offensive schemes? This will undermine the 120 ways to win throughout dynasty mode.
Definitely. it will make the 120 ways to win useless a few years into dynasty.. Let's just hope EA actually fixed this, but you think they would of mentioned this since different styles of offense is what they are going for this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »