Home

Coaching Styles during Dynasty

This is a discussion on Coaching Styles during Dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2010, 09:52 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 10
Coaching Styles during Dynasty

I have a question involving coaching styles. This will be my first year on PS3 and wondering if Coaching styles are in the game. And if they are in the game are you able to change coaching styles during the dynasty.

I remember on PS2 you were able to do so without having control of that team.

Im asking this because I read that Texas is going from a Zone-Read Shotgun offense to Balanced Run offense. I want to be able to control the offense schemes for teams so that they fit the teams persona. Like if Michigan has another losing season or 2, RichRod will be gone, and I would like to have that control in switching the teams play style from Spread-Offense to a new offense scheme.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2010, 09:57 PM   #2
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Coaching Styles during Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWillard2
I have a question involving coaching styles. This will be my first year on PS3 and wondering if Coaching styles are in the game. And if they are in the game are you able to change coaching styles during the dynasty.

Im asking this because I read that Texas is going from a Zone-Read Shotgun offense to Balanced Run offense. I want to be able to control the offense schemes for teams so that they fit the teams persona. Like if Michigan has another losing season or 2, RichRod will be gone, and I would like to have that control in switching the teams play style from Spread-Offense to a new offense scheme.
That would be cool. I would love to lead GaTech to a great season, then as the coach move to, say, USC and run the Triple Option in LA. That would be sick. It may be in with all the emphasis on offense this year. I hope it is. Excellent thought, bro.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:00 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWillard2

This feature has not been announced and it's looking bleek for NCAA 2011.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:36 PM   #4
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

You've always been able to do this if I'm understanding you correctly. Just go into sim options and you can change any team's playbook and run/pass percentages, defense, etc.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:25 AM   #5
Rookie

bwic83's Arena

OVR: 1

Yeah I know you have always been able to do this with your controlled team. For example, you start out with Texas Tech and youre Running the spread. If you get offered by say, Ohio State, the TT playbook will follow youre coach there and you will then be running TT playbook but controlling OSU.
NBA- Cleveland Cavs
NFL- Cleveland Browns
MLB- Cincinnati Reds
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2010, 10:23 AM   #6
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwic83
Yeah I know you have always been able to do this with your controlled team. For example, you start out with Texas Tech and youre Running the spread. If you get offered by say, Ohio State, the TT playbook will follow youre coach there and you will then be running TT playbook but controlling OSU.
In offline dynasties you can set any playbook for any team in past NCAA games (at least NCAA '10).

IE. Texas recruits a pure passing QB and you want them to be an air raid, you change their pb to TTU and up their passing %. WVU recruits a stud running QB and a couple of great FBs and you want them to use the flexbone so you change their pb to GT and up their run %.

etc.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

Last edited by jello1717; 06-08-2010 at 10:25 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »