Home

Confirmed: Colorado to the Pac-10

This is a discussion on Confirmed: Colorado to the Pac-10 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2010, 05:03 PM   #49
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Confirmed: Colorado to the Pac-10

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- High level sources in multiple conferences have told KCTV5 that Texas and Texas A&M are looking to move to the Big Ten Conference and have petitioned for membership, while the University of Oklahoma is planning on petitioning the Southeastern Conference to become a member of its conference.

KCTV5's sources said that Texas and Texas A&M do not have to include Texas Tech or Baylor in their plans. Sources told KCTV5 that there have already been discussions about the two schools entering the Big Ten and that the agreement could be made as soon as Thursday.

Oklahoma is currently working on petitioning to enter the SEC, but must find another university to enter the league with them, sources said. TMZ Sports has reported that Oklahoma State is likely to accept a bid to move to the Pac-10. Earlier Thursday, Colorado accepted an invitation to join the Pac-10.

KCTV5's sources also said that some Big 12 officials are saying decisions on which deals Big 12 schools take invitations by the end of the day Thursday, although the deals may not be officially announced. Big 12 officials also tell KCTV5's sources that some Big 12 office employees are planning to be without a job within weeks.

Those decisions would leave the University of Kansas, Kansas State University and the University of Missouri with Baylor, Texas Tech and Iowa State in the Big 12. The Missouri Board of Curators met Thursday and planned to meet Friday to discuss the future of Missouri sports.

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid
Old 06-10-2010, 05:12 PM   #50
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

^^^Just another smoke screen. Everyone knows that Colorado will be joined by the other 5 Big XII schools. The SEC won't get OU or OK State, Texas and Texas A&M have no interest in the Big Ten. UT stated they did not want to be the southern border of the Big Ten. Texas Tech won't be stranded with KU, K-State, Baylor, and Iowa State.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:22 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziza9Noles94
Sounds reasonable, but who carries the conference then if say the South leaves for the Pac-Whateva? Kansas? Mizzou if they stay? Possibly TCU? I wouldn't see them holding onto to their automatic bid in the BCS if they lose Texas and OU, A&M, Ok State, and Tech. Unless, they moved to merge with the Mountain West and added Boise. That doesn't even really make sense. My head hurts.
Well the Big 12 is a known conference,So by moving in it would put all the teams in the BCS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2010, 05:32 PM   #52
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboykmoney
Well the Big 12 is a known conference,So by moving in it would put all the teams in the BCS.
I understand that, but who are your marquee teams then. Other than the conference name, what would make it a top conference? You guys have an exciting team taking the field this year, but you aren't Texas. Likewise where are the top level programs that would justify a BCS bid? Just the conference name alone won't drive revenue. Marquee teams need to be a part of the conference. Otherwise The Mountain West could just add the left behind teams and be awarded the bid. The Big XII sans most of it's teams, with an influx of new, lower caliber squads (excepting TCU), would go from major to mid-major. In b-ball they would still be tough with Kansas leading the way. But as a football conference, not that great. I do think having some of the old SWC teams return would be huge, as it would bring some tradition back. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how things shake out.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:10 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboykmoney
Your argument make no sense. If all the marquee teams leave, the conference turns to booboo.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:22 PM   #54
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

OVR: 6

What is the world coming to? Texas & Oklahoma in the Pacific 10, that makes no sense. The Big VII should just go after TCU and Boise St., there ya go. Problem solved and the conference doesn't really take a hit in terms of football talent.

Ugh, I just can't see a school smack dab in the middle of the country and 1,200 miles away from the pacific coast playing in that conference. I'm old school, I guess it's time for me to adjust to the times, they are a changin'.

Last edited by sarlndr; 06-10-2010 at 10:34 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:24 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 29

sarlndr I'm sure if it all goes through we can expect a new name for the conference
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2010, 10:28 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarlndr
What is the world coming to? Texas & Oklahoma in the Pacific 10, that makes no sense. They should just go after TCU and Boise St., there ya go. Problem solved and the conference doesn't really take a hit in terms of football talent.

Ugh, I just can't see a school smack dab in the middle of the country and 1,200 miles away from the pacific coast playing in that conference. I'm old school, I guess it's time for me to adjust to the times, they are a changin'.
The Pac 10 would not be adding major tv markets by doing your example. You have to look at the whole picture, and not just football. TV markets, academics, money, athletics across the board, etc. Plus Boise will never join the Pac-10 because they are not a research institiution (and the Pac-10 prides themselves on high academics).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »