Home

NCAA Staff...How Would You Like Your Sports Game of the Year Award Sent to You?

This is a discussion on NCAA Staff...How Would You Like Your Sports Game of the Year Award Sent to You? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2010, 05:27 PM   #1
Banned

Tarheel's Arena

OVR: 38
NCAA Staff...How Would You Like Your Sports Game of the Year Award Sent to You?

I can't remember a game in recent memory that has impressed me as much as this pre-release....and to top it off they include EIGHT!!! teams in the demo. With MLB the Show and NHL leveling off I'm hoping this game gets serious consideration.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2010, 05:33 PM   #2
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NCAA Staff...How Would You Like Your Sports Game of the Year Award Sent to You?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel
I can't remember a game in recent memory that has impressed me as much as this pre-release....and to top it off they include EIGHT!!! teams in the demo. With MLB the Show and NHL leveling off I'm hoping this game gets serious consideration.
Waaaaayyyy 2 early for this stuff.... We've seen this before.....new NCAA is always great in June... Let's wait for at least the demo to drop.....
Old 06-10-2010, 05:38 PM   #3
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NCAA Staff...How Would You Like Your Sports Game of the Year Award Sent to You?

Quote:
I can't remember a game in recent memory that has impressed me as much as this pre-release....
Funny ... I was actually thinking the opposite. I remember being far more excited about NCAA 09 and NCAA 10 at this point in the yearly hype cycle.

I do think NCAA 11 will be great, but I've been very disappointed with the features revealed so far. A lot of my wish list items aren't in NCAA 11.

Just a reminder: The demo for NCAA 09 and NCAA 10 didn't play anything like the finished product, so remember that come Monday.

Last edited by Strummer101er; 06-10-2010 at 05:40 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:42 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 32

What is the point is the point of the post? You don't give props before the final product is released. The ideas and improvements supposedly implemented into this game may look good on paper but mean nothing until we see how the finished product performs. EA, traditionally is really good at getting people on the "hype wagon" and this is a pattern we have seen before.

With that being said EA has a lot riding on this game this year and I hope it is everything they are making out to be.

But Sports game of the year? Not yet
Old 06-10-2010, 05:46 PM   #5
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Enjoy it while you can Development team. After the demo drops, there is going to be 100 people saying "Eff EA, Eff Tiburon, worst game ever, same game as last year, lazy, no competition" blah, blah, blah, you know the usually stuff.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2010, 05:47 PM   #6
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
While I agree having eight teams in the demo is very cool.

But, not sure about The Show "leveling off"...but certainly NHL imo isn't. Not with NHL'11' being powered by a physic engine. A seemingly major innovation that the football games sorely need in the future.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:50 PM   #7
MVP

BoomerSooner11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Enjoy it while you can Development team. After the demo drops, there is going to be 100 people saying "Eff EA, Eff Tiburon, worst game ever, same game as last year, lazy, no competition" blah, blah, blah, you know the usually stuff.
I was thinking the same thing.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:53 PM   #8
Banned

Tarheel's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
While I agree having eight teams in the demo is very cool.

But, not sure about The Show "leveling off"...but certainly NHL imo isn't. Not with NHL'11' being powered by a physic engine. A seemingly major innovation that the football games sorely need in the future.
By leveling off I meant to say they're not ahead leaps and bounds above everyone else.

Last edited by Tarheel; 06-10-2010 at 06:02 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »