Home

Texas to PAC-10 or SEC?

This is a discussion on Texas to PAC-10 or SEC? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 04:40 PM   #17
Rookie

Oil Nation's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Texas to PAC-10 or SEC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedExPope
From what I've seen, A&M's chances of being in the SEC are quite slim. But it was pointed out, it would give Arkansas a natural rival which it hasn't had since leaving the SWC. At the same time, I don't know how a conference would work if one team was added, giving it an odd number, one division of the conference having one more team than the other. I would think they would go by evens in a conference that has a championship.
From what I have read/heard its about 60-40 Pac10 to SEC right now for the Aggies.
The BOR is split, hence why we haven't comitted either way.

Also Slive was in College Station yesterday. Probably helping a friend move or something.
Old 06-13-2010, 04:43 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I don't like the fact that we'll have less conference, but I do like that this could potentially harm the BCS a good sum.

Maybe we can rid of conferences and just force teams to play every team from their state, and then have an open schedule? An original idea.

― Plato
Old 06-13-2010, 04:50 PM   #19
Rookie

BIGD419's Arena

OVR: 5

I think with or without Texas and/or A&M the SEC will expand and pick up some ACC teams. I honestly think that whens it all said and done, the Big East and Big 12 will dissolve.

If it matters to you...

I think the SEC will get A&M, Miami, FSU, and Georgia Tech.

In order to stay alive, the ACC will get a few schools from the Big East. Pittsburgh? Syracuse? U Conn? USF?

Then finally the Big Ten picks up Rutgers, and if ND doesn't come through for them, Cinci maybe?

And just before someone points this out, the Big East would still be alive, but only for Basketball IMO.

Again, all my opinion.
Old 06-13-2010, 04:56 PM   #20
Pro

IIx Nautica xII's Arena

OVR: 22

I know that I am in the minority of people who like the BCS. Although it is hard to understand, it is a good system. The fact is that in the past couple of years, if utah or tcu had played florida or bama, or any of the other top BCS teams, they would have been spanked. But now, with team such as TCU, and Boise st, getting alot of recognition that they have, they can have a shot at it. There will always be a one year wonder team in a weak conference that people will complain about not having a chance at the nat champ, but that is exactly the reason why. My main beef with everything is that the pac and the sec are trying to gobble up all the big tier schools and leaving the smaller schools to fight for their lives. Big name schools should stay where they are, smaller up and coming schools, I have no problem with them moving around and trying to make a name for themselves. I will tell you all, this is going to kill College Football.

Old 06-13-2010, 05:34 PM   #21
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by krc1130
FSU and Miami probably wouldn't be invited to the SEC. Florida would freak out. Part of their recruiting strategy is using the: "We play in the SEC and the other two don't." card.

Texas should go to the Pac 10 along with OU, OSU, TA&M and TTU.

It would honestly be cool if FBS had like 4 huge conferences. Would probably increase the chances of a playoff.

Not to mention that Florida would actually then be forced to 'gasp' play Miami. That alone I think is the reason it just won't happen.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:37 PM   #22
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

I think we can all agree on the hypocrisy of this situation. The BCS is defended in large part by its supporters due to the tradition that has been in CFB for many years, which is the bowl system. Now, they want to break longstanding traditions of grouping teams in regions that make sense, breaking up the Big 12, potentially destroying smaller conferences. And of course, they love to try and ram the 'student athlete' term down our throats, and claim to want to keep the amateurism pure in CFB, but yet they are looking for every possible way to maximize the money they receive, which the players do most of the work in bringing in that revenue. Doesn't seem so amateurish now, does it? Especially with the recent revelations of Reggie Bush, we should have our eyes opened as to how many people with the same moral fiber as those who made Bush a superstar are around in big name schools. Soooo amateurish, right?
Old 06-13-2010, 05:44 PM   #23
Banned

1GATORFAN4EVA's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziza9Noles94
Not to mention that Florida would actually then be forced to 'gasp' play Miami. That alone I think is the reason it just won't happen.
What's that mean Uf an Um have played a bunch of games. An at least 5 times sense 2001 if I remembe right.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:46 PM   #24
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedExPope
I think we can all agree on the hypocrisy of this situation. The BCS is defended in large part by its supporters due to the tradition that has been in CFB for many years, which is the bowl system. Now, they want to break longstanding traditions of grouping teams in regions that make sense, breaking up the Big 12, potentially destroying smaller conferences. And of course, they love to try and ram the 'student athlete' term down our throats, and claim to want to keep the amateurism pure in CFB, but yet they are looking for every possible way to maximize the money they receive, which the players do most of the work in bringing in that revenue. Doesn't seem so amateurish now, does it? Especially with the recent revelations of Reggie Bush, we should have our eyes opened as to how many people with the same moral fiber as those who made Bush a superstar are around in big name schools. Soooo amateurish, right?

Awesome post. Dead-on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »