Home

Demo Bugs

This is a discussion on Demo Bugs within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2010, 11:45 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Demo Bugs

I'm not sure this is a big deal but in two games i played after the game was over it showed the play of the game and one was a kneel down and the other was a touchback. Otherwise i had no other problems, loving it by the way!!
Old 06-14-2010, 11:52 PM   #18
MVP

KleShreen's Arena

OVR: 10

When playing as Texas against OU, there were 3 or 4 times when OU would run no huddle where my defensive linemen would get "stuck" in the neutral zone and eventually glitch into an offensive lineman. It was an animation as if they were running in place and then eventually they would move just enough to touch an o-lineman.

I just had one happen when playing as FSU against UF...scored on a long pass play, and then on the PAT, the camera was as if it was right behind the very far left blocker on the line for the PAT attempt. If it were a long field goal I was going for, I would have had no idea where I was aiming because I wasn't even behind the kick arrow.

I've noticed that every game's "play of the game" is the very last play of the game, no matter what it was. I had one where an extra point was the play of the game in a 28-0 win...and then a draw play on 3rd and 16 that got two yards as time expired in a 21-0 win.

Also something I noticed that I hope is fixed for the full version...when going into the depth charts inside the game, if you for instance scroll to a team's LT position and then hit the left trigger to go to the opponent's depth chart at that position, it starts you back over at the QB spot. This will end up being especially annoying in the game menus when trying to cycle through team's rosters if you have to start over at QB every time you go to a new team.

There's no stats to check, but everytime I have scored on an option, the announcers talk as if it was a passing play, even when the ball clearly went backwards on the pitch. I hope these aren't getting counted as passes/passing yards.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:55 PM   #19
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I think you're talking about accelerated clock. The clock does stop during replays.

Nope, it stops on the screen, but it's still running in the "background". Thus whatever time you spent in the replay, it accelerates that time onto the game clock when the replay is over/when you click out of it.

What I'm saying is, in past games, the game clock & play clock are shut off while full screen replays are being shown. It'd be another story if the replay was shown in the middle of the screen while we could still choose plays.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:58 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Law10
I'm not sure this is a big deal but in two games i played after the game was over it showed the play of the game and one was a kneel down and the other was a touchback. Otherwise i had no other problems, loving it by the way!!
The play of the game in the demo doesn't work correct because it doesn't save each play in the game. It saves the last play played, so obviously the last play of the game will be the one saved and the only one that can be shown as play of the game.

It will be fixed in the retail version, don't worry.

― Plato
Old 06-15-2010, 12:03 AM   #21
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
The play of the game in the demo doesn't work correct because it doesn't save each play in the game. It saves the last play played, so obviously the last play of the game will be the one saved and the only one that can be shown as play of the game.

It will be fixed in the retail version, don't worry.
I played OU/Texas and threw a 60 yd TD in the 2nd quarter, and it was the play of the game.

Though being that I lost the game by a score, I dont know that it should have been.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2010, 12:04 AM   #22
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

The ball looks like it's the wrong size compared to the players hands and sticks to them instead of looking like they're holding onto it.

The video camera operators have hands visible inside the lens area of the camera.

Had a player recover a fumble and run in for a TD, not sure if that's one of the rules that isn't allowed in NCAA or not.

A WR was running a slant and instantly sped up to catch the ball, it should have been a missed pass but he slid to make the catch.

The defenders have been pulled into blocks, looks like the O-line has magnets in their hands.

These were on All-American.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:16 AM   #23
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

The CPU threw a good high sideline catch in which my CB battled in air for it and the WR caught the ball, but it was out of bounds. The bug was my CB's head was inside of the WR's chest through most of the animation.

It's something you still see in many games but it still made the replay look really ugly.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:49 AM   #24
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

The CPU can still swat down balls without seeing them. Have had it happen about 6 times so far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »