Home

One last plea: EA I implore you to reconsider the replay angles

This is a discussion on One last plea: EA I implore you to reconsider the replay angles within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do you like EA's new, extreme close-up replay angles?
Yes 75 35.21%
No 138 64.79%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-19-2010, 04:39 PM   #65
Rookie

Bloppy's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: One last plea: EA I implore you to reconsider the replay angles

If the replays aren't ones we'd see on an ESPN broadcast.. then don't show them.. otherwise, please do not claim to have this great presentation and ESPN integration. I don't like being peed on and then told it's rain. And what's up with the pregame entrance where they zoom in on the shoe laces?? Really? This isn't a movie. It's supposed to replicate a football game. Please stop trying to wow 7 year olds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2010, 10:23 PM   #66
Pro

wrigleyville33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloppy
If the replays aren't ones we'd see on an ESPN broadcast.. then don't show them.. otherwise, please do not claim to have this great presentation and ESPN integration. I don't like being peed on and then told it's rain. And what's up with the pregame entrance where they zoom in on the shoe laces?? Really? This isn't a movie. It's supposed to replicate a football game. Please stop trying to wow 7 year olds.
^this.

I don't see how people can like these replays. All you see if a cluster you know what of players on a screen. I can't even tell what is really going on. Great presentation decision Ea.
Old 06-20-2010, 12:51 AM   #67
Pro

OVR: 7

The more I play the demo, the more I think there are often too many camera angles used within a single replay. The angle cuts out before you really get that feel of slow motion. The best replays are from sacks and runs - mainly because those two types of plays only use two camera angles on replay. The sack replays are awesome. You get the initial camera angle at three quarters speed followed by super slow replay angle zoomed in. It just flows with the commentary better.

On this note, the pre-game cut scenes of the impact players repeat in a weird way. The same player will be going through a drill against the exact same player the exact same way back to back. This might be just a demo glitch, but it looks bad. I'd rather just see that cut scene play out instead of seeing the cut scene twice back to back.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:11 AM   #68
Rookie

ThisIsReality's Arena

OVR: 4

The fumble replays are the only gripe I have.

Horrible angles on those.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:37 AM   #69
CPT
Banned

CPT's Arena

OVR: 4

not to beat a dead horse here but the masses loved the way 2k5 presented replays....we have all seen it.............it is out there. We know EA has seen it and is aware that most gamers loved it...... It seems to me that EA tries to re-invent the wheel every year, and it simply isnt needed.

Last edited by CPT; 06-20-2010 at 02:57 AM.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:47 AM   #70
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by olemiss86
Didn't realize that you HAD to see a play, that ALREADY happened, develop. If you have to see that...then go to the menu and select the instant replay from there. It's no big deal. Hell I usually skip over replays anyway.

Oh and I think the replays are pretty cool.
I mean really.... You can change how you view it when you save it if you want as well! great post. agree 100% :P
Old 06-20-2010, 10:10 AM   #71
Rookie

Bloppy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT
...... It seems to me that EA tries to re-invent the wheel every year, and it simply isnt needed.

They do this so they can have something to hype. And sadly, the majority of casual chumps out there eat it up and don't know what they could be getting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2010, 10:22 AM   #72
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17

This seems to split people into two groups:

1) I love how realistic the player models are!
2) I WANT TO SEE HOW THE PLAY HAPPENED!

I fall into group 2, while my brother is in 1.

At least throw in some variety!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »