Home

auto turbo?? what is it? do you like it?

This is a discussion on auto turbo?? what is it? do you like it? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2010, 04:04 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 9
auto turbo?? what is it? do you like it?

does it work on defense? . what is it.... i mean do guys just use there speed burst when they think its right?

just wanted to get evryone's opinion
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2010, 04:19 PM   #2
Pro

HokieB's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: auto turbo?? what is it? do you like it?

I think auto turbo is for when you are running the ball, the CPU will apply the turbo for you at the appropriate times so you can just focus on juking, hitting your hole, etc.

I personally like it because I have a strong tendency to keep the turbo pushed down all the time anyway. Now I don't have to worry about it.

Don't know if it applies to Defense.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:27 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieB
I think auto turbo is for when you are running the ball, the CPU will apply the turbo for you at the appropriate times so you can just focus on juking, hitting your hole, etc.

I personally like it because I have a strong tendency to keep the turbo pushed down all the time anyway. Now I don't have to worry about it.

Don't know if it applies to Defense.
I think it applies to defense as well. Just based on some rudimentary testing on a kickoff, with auto sprint turned off, holding the sprint button when you are running is noticeable. You can see the player get a bump in speed.

With auto sprint on, applying the sprint button results in no noticeable change in running, at least to my eye.

Presumably, both methods end in the player ultimately reaching the same top speed. Although, that's hard to confirm without instant replay.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:33 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Its basically what it says. Its auto turbo. That doesn't mean the game randomly picks and chooses when to sprint for you. If you hold the joystick all the way up, then you'll be going top speed or at least getting to your players top speed. Its more realistic in my opinion. Its like NHL 10. However far you push up, thats how fast your player will go. No longer will you have to hold the right trigger to reach your player's maximum speed.

― Plato
Old 06-15-2010, 05:01 PM   #5
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
However far you push up, thats how fast your player will go. No longer will you have to hold the right trigger to reach your player's maximum speed.
Very interesting -- but are you sure about that?

I assumed auto sprint meant the AI determined when your player would/should sprint, etc. The analog system you described sounds far better.

Is there a developer blog post or something that can confirm EXACTLY what auto sprint does?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2010, 05:05 PM   #6
Rookie

tylerd02's Arena

OVR: 3

As far as i know canes is right. I use it, i think it's more realistic also.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:08 PM   #7
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerd02
As far as i know canes is right. I use it, i think it's more realistic also.
I'm trying it now. I definitely hope he's right -- sounds far more realistic, and it frees up my fingers to focus on jukes, etc.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:09 PM   #8
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Its basically what it says. Its auto turbo. That doesn't mean the game randomly picks and chooses when to sprint for you. If you hold the joystick all the way up, then you'll be going top speed or at least getting to your players top speed. Its more realistic in my opinion. Its like NHL 10. However far you push up, thats how fast your player will go. No longer will you have to hold the right trigger to reach your player's maximum speed.

This is correct. It was confirmed several times by devs. Don't have a link but if you search the Madden forum under locomotion blog or locomotion chat, you'll see it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »