Home

Hit stick, truck/highlight stick?

This is a discussion on Hit stick, truck/highlight stick? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2010, 04:43 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 8
Hit stick, truck/highlight stick?

Where are those features? Are they not in the demo, or has the NCAA team taken them out completely? I cant help but try to go for the big hit on defense, only nothing happens, lol! So the only way to tackle is to make contact or dive at the ballcarrier?

Same on offense, no truck/highlight stick to try and break a tackle? Only stiff arm, spin, or try and juke out of it?

Just seems unnatural !
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2010, 04:45 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Hit stick, truck/highlight stick?

Hit Stick is still there. And the truck stick has changed. EA now has it to where you hold up and have to time it right to break the tackle. If you hold up too long you will stumble and if you keep holding up you will eventually fall. Thats in the demo as well.

― Plato
Old 06-15-2010, 04:46 PM   #3
DW3
MVP

DW3's Arena

OVR: 23

I was wondering the same thing! Has the hit stick been removed?
Old 06-15-2010, 04:51 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

No, its just harder to use this year. I have gotten it to work a few times and it felt rewarding.

― Plato
Old 06-15-2010, 04:52 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Hit Stick is still there. And the truck stick has changed. EA now has it to where you hold up and have to time it right to break the tackle. If you hold up too long you will stumble and if you keep holding up you will eventually fall. Thats in the demo as well.
Just dont feel it at all canes. When i press up on the stick on offense, i don't see the back animate at all. Then once contact initiates, same thing, no animation showing you the truck/highlight animation.

On defense same thing, don't see or notice my defender going for a big hit at all.

To add to that, if you pause the game and look under game controls, under defensive pursuit they list all options (Dive, switch player, swat etc.) but make no mention of the hit stick at all.

Under offensive controls, it also details spin, hurdle, dive, stiff arm, but underneath it says "locked features" then shows the right stick moves. UP for truck/highlight, down for back juke. Just wondering if these were locked for the demo only, or will all those right stick moves on offense and defense be there in the final build?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2010, 04:55 PM   #6
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDRZA
Just dont feel it at all canes. When i press up on the stick on offense, i don't see the back animate at all. Then once contact initiates, same thing, no animation showing you the truck/highlight animation.

On defense same thing, don't see or notice my defender going for a big hit at all.

To add to that, if you pause the game and look under game controls, under defensive pursuit they list all options (Dive, switch player, swat etc.) but make no mention of the hit stick at all.

Under offensive controls, it also details spin, hurdle, dive, stiff arm, but underneath it says "locked features" then shows the right stick moves. UP for truck/highlight, down for back juke. Just wondering if these were locked for the demo only, or will all those right stick moves on offense and defense be there in the final build?
'

Someone said in the impressions thread that it is indeed locked in the demo. I honestly can't tell if it's doing anything or not.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:56 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

I don't know, but I know for a fact that I have gotten a hit stick because it was a user vs user game and we both started laughing after the hit. It even said "User Hitstick" or something along those lines.

Regarding the right stick moves on offense, they are in the demo too. I don't even use the face buttons anymore. I have gotten used to Backbreaker, so it feels natural spinning with the thumbstick. The only thing I still use the buttons for is to stiff arm and change the hand the ball is in.

Just play the demo and as soon as you catch the ball on a kickoff return just push up on the thumbstick, you should see the animation clearly.

― Plato
Old 06-15-2010, 04:59 PM   #8
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Its def in there. Me and a friend played for hours yesterday. Just nowhere near as successful as it once was......which is a good thing

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »