Home

why does everyone look at the bad?

This is a discussion on why does everyone look at the bad? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2010, 11:55 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: why does everyone look at the bad?

This game looks 500x's better than Madden. Most of the anger and resentment should be directed at Madden, not NCAA this year.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:05 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 32

Well, the dreads are a tricky subject. I tend to think that EA would probably shy away from them because of the likeness lawsuit. Dreads, should be implemented into the game as an option to modify a player's appearance. However, I think actually adding the dreads to the players should be left up to the user for safety's sake, if that makes any sense.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:09 PM   #51
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
This game looks 500x's better than Madden. Most of the anger and resentment should be directed at Madden, not NCAA this year.
Preference... I think Madden looks better... But NCAA doesn't look bad either.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 12:12 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Speaking of revisionist history....I LOVE how everyone fondly remembers the PS2 days and compares every next-gen football game to them. And yes they did have a lot of great things about them (dreadlocks for one) but hey, I was here during those days and guess what...PEOPLE HATED THOSE GAMES JUST AS BAD AS THEY HATE THE CURRENT ONES!!
"People" maybe, me no...besides, no one is saying those games didn't have issues. I think the overall consensus is last gen football was fun and had tight and responsive control to user inputs hence making the game more engaging...unlike "next gen...that's the fundamental problem with this gen.

As a test, try to hit your "swat" button while your playing defense when your not involved in a play...nothing happens. Try to run with a receiver while playing defense and stay between him and the QB and then make a play on a passed ball to that guy...it's next to impossible (on next gen).

You simply do not have to tight control of the action and it leaves me wondering, am I actually playing this game or is the cpu doing it for me? And nothing is more aggrivating than seeing a play develop, knowing what you have to do, having a guy in or near position to make the (user controlled) play and having the sloppy/unresponsive control hinder your ability to make the play. That's my gripe...and they haven't corrected it yet on next gen (NCAA or Madden). Anyone who denies that reality is fooling themselves...maybe you can live it..I can't, I feel like I'm fighting with the controller the whole game.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:18 PM   #53
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

I've had fun this gen.

What am I doing wrong?

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 06-16-2010, 12:19 PM   #54
Rookie

aldon_47's Arena

OVR: 2

First off, I am new to these forums as this is my first post. Anyway, I saw the name of this topic and I couldn't agree more. I have grown up with games on the original Game Boy and the like and look at games on the PS3 and 360 and am still in awe at times with what they have to offer, even with the demo for this NCAA 11. I love the ESPN presentation lay over and replays and is one reason I cant stop playing the demo.

Also I like how much the demo actually contains. We have four different games to play with decent game lengths for a demo. Thats pretty darn cool just in itself. These are just my two cents and am definitely looking forward to this game!
Old 06-16-2010, 12:19 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 20

Because the good goes without saying. There is no necessity to point out:

1) The game runs.
2) The game has sound.
3) The game has lighting.
4) The game has real college football teams.
5) The game is the sport of football.
6) The game has real-life announcers.
7) The game isn't in black & white.
8) The game is in HD.

Etc.

I'm all for staying positive, and I'm just as fed up with the constant complaining as anyone, but there's something to be said for pointing out mistakes: a complaint is really just a wishlist post under a different guise; it's saying "I would love this game (with an implied even more than I already do) if these things were taken care of."

As for the people who seem to genuinely dislike the game (and the series, moreover) but who still seem to hang around these parts, well, yeah, those people can go away. kthnx

Last edited by NEOPARADIGM; 06-16-2010 at 12:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 12:20 PM   #56
All Star

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory23
But why complain about it instead of trying to be as positive as you can about what you do like?

Why pessimism?
Probably a feeling of getting burned a few too many times. Plus if we never complained we wouldn't be able to accuse the devs of not delivering on what we wanted

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »