Home

why does everyone look at the bad?

This is a discussion on why does everyone look at the bad? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2010, 12:22 PM   #57
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: why does everyone look at the bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
cdon2k - You cannot go by message boards to determine who is satisfied vs. dissatisfied. Why? Because people with issues and/or unhappy are the primary ones who post there. People don't sit and think "gee i'm loving Madden, I need to go tell everyone on the message board how much I'm enjoying it and still playing it all year round". However, if someone thinks "this is BS! This game is garbage, what the heck is EA doing?" then the first thing many of them do is run and post it somewhere to get it out of their system and hope it somehow makes the game more to their liking.

It's just human nature.
I am aware that the boards are just a small percentage of the community, but I was also basing it on a few other factors. I am pretty sure I remember reading about Madden's sales declining a bit and that is probably why they brought in Ian and co. to begin with. If Madden was in a good state, there wouldn't have been the '10 revolution where it seems as if they finally began to care about the game. I could be wrong about the sales thing, but there is a definite point where attention was finally given to this franchise.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:30 PM   #58
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

Maybe we should deploy a tactic I use with my 3-year old. Point out a bunch of positives....THEN ask to correct the negative behavior. Works like a charm.

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Old 06-16-2010, 12:34 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

cdon2k - yeah, i just took issue with what seemed like a blanket statement to me.

also, I agree that the next-gen is lacking in control compared to last-gen. but I still stand by my statement that those games were savaged as well as the current ones...we just tend to remember the good things about them.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:45 PM   #60
All Star

OVR: 8

Quote:
cdon2k - yeah, i just took issue with what seemed like a blanket statement to me.

also, I agree that the next-gen is lacking in control compared to last-gen. but I still stand by my statement that those games were savaged as well as the current ones...we just tend to remember the good things about them.
Expectations were also a lot lower back then. EA's college football series didn't start until I think '98, and at least for me everything they did those first couple years seemed ground breaking (I was also pretty young). I bet even now if I were to go back and play NCAA 2001 I'd enjoy it because I know they were only on their 3rd or 4th iteration of the franchise.

Now though have passed the 10 year mark and while there is a noticeable improvement it isn't as much as some people feel there should have been in a franchise that has been around so long.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:18 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I disagree, the fact that people trashed those games back then means everyone had high expectations even then. I think perhaps more of the most vile, anti-EA stuff is more new, mostly because of the exclusive deals along with the missing features from last-gen to this gen, but I think it's pretty comparable in regards to how people trashed the game itself back then, the exact same way they do now..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 01:48 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Preference... I think Madden looks better... But NCAA doesn't look bad either.
I won't go too far into my argument here... But all you need to do is read what the Madden team did for franchise mode this year.

Case Closed.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:52 PM   #63
MVP

OVR: 32

Quote:
I disagree, the fact that people trashed those games back then means everyone had high expectations even then. I think perhaps more of the most vile, anti-EA stuff is more new, mostly because of the exclusive deals along with the missing features from last-gen to this gen, but I think it's pretty comparable in regards to how people trashed the game itself back then, the exact same way they do now..
Grand opening, grand closing. /thread

Last edited by str8artist; 06-16-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:08 PM   #64
Rookie

Michgantown's Arena

OVR: 7

Someone give me a example of a casual gamer. I really don't think there are that many playing a football game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »