Home

No Coaching Carousel in 2011 confirmed at E3

This is a discussion on No Coaching Carousel in 2011 confirmed at E3 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2010, 06:34 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: No Coaching Carousel in 2011 confirmed at E3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWillard2
Since EA doesn't Implement a Coaching Carousel. I do this on my own. After each year i write down the Records and Offense and Defensive Ranks of each team in the game. After Year 3 is when I start to change coaching Sliders as if a new coach has been brought into the game.

It sucks that it is not in the game but their are way you can go to make your own coaching carousel. I remember back in the PS2 days you could name coaches. Is that ability in the PS3 game. I ask this because if you write the names in for the coaches later in your dynasty you can hire yourself as a coach of a team and then fire yourself and then a new coach with that name will become to that school with his strategies.
It's not JUST style changes, it's also the ratings and the assistant coaches that are important to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 06:50 PM   #42
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53
This just absolutely makes me CRAZY....it seriously can't be that freaking hard to get the rosters at the right number, after YEARS of it being at 85.
when did this happen? the last gen games were 53 until like 2005 or 6.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:21 PM   #43
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

as much as i wanted this in i am not letdown by this at all. I mean look at the leap the game has made this year, look at all the additional stuff that is in this year, whether its an old feature coming back (intros), a new feature being introduced (internet use for OD) or depth added to something already there (tons of new unis). We all can agree the demo is better than anything they've put out so far so this year this game should be enjoyable once you get your rosters and stadium sounds set and you're sitting there on a saturday afternoon in sept playing your dynasty while watching college football. This game should be fun. They hit a lot of spots this year and did listen to a lot of what the hardcore fans wanted. I think they know some things they could not get to that are wanted by many (AD Mode, Coaching Carousel, stadium builder, dreads) but those are things they now can focus on getting in next year and thats whats going to make you buy next year's version.

But in the meantime i think i'll certainly enjoy NCAA 11 and put it at the top of my favorite football games.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:53 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 2

What will be the reason for them not having it in next year when we are were we are now? See I wanted this in and like every body else we thought with 120 ways to win it was the next step. It looks like this will be put on EA's list along with dreads and not even a thought to them.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:17 PM   #45
Pro

OVR: 16

This is extremely disappointing, and I really dont think people hyping it up should have anything to do with it. It is ridiculous because a coaching carousel is something that should be a standard feature. Coaches should not be coaching still if their team sucks. Theres really only a coaching carousel for your coach and nothing else, so if your not coaching Penn State, then you'll probably see JoePa coaching for all 60 years of dynasty if you choose to go for 60 years. Its stuff like this that gives people a bad vibe about EA. That feature should be as standard as they come. College Hoops 2k8 had it and had alot more and 2k had to put in 300+ teams plus 90 classic teams and they also gave the ability to edit the field and it also had all the coaches, or at least most of them named. EA should be able to put in this and much, much more when they only have 120 teams to put in. I think this is the reason why people dont really like EA. They dont have in standard features when another game that had to put in alot more stuff have them in.

EA doesnt give classic teams, and they dont have a coaching carousel(which should be a standard feature). Sure we may have been expecting this, but that still doesnt warrant anyone giving people crap for being upset about it. A coaching carousel should come as a standard feature and shouldnt need to be announced it should be that standard. Theres no reason it should not be in.

What gets me even more upset is this. Virtually nothing was done to offline dynasty besides giving recruiting a face lift. Thats just disappointing. Its still going to look and feel exactly the same besides the facelift to recruiting.

Maybe with some luck, 2012 will also be the year of the dynasty mode for NCAA like it seems to be the year of the franchise mode for Madden. But I am not holding my breath.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 08:26 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
if your not coaching Penn State, then you'll probably see JoePa coaching for all 60 years of dynasty if you choose to go for 60 years.
Not true - coaches aren't even really in the game! They have to add coaches that you could actually see on the playing field. During your dynasty, you currently face Penn State Coach, an ageless robot who can recruit and win awards but can do very little else.

Personally, I think working age into the coaching carousel would be awesome. We should have the opportunity, when hiring, to choose from experienced coaches at smaller schools or top young assistants at big ones.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:34 PM   #47
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Nice try NCAA, you were looking good, this is a dealbreaker. See you next year NCAA unless I get this game on the super cheap.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:35 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

A little disappointing, although I didn't think it would be in.

I am disappointed that the rosters are at 70 again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »