Home

How do you Feel About No Coaching Carousel This Year

This is a discussion on How do you Feel About No Coaching Carousel This Year within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Thoughts on the Exclusion of Coaching Carousel?
Extremely Disappointed, to the point of it influencing whether or not to purchase. 33 18.54%
Disappointed, but the other additions to the game are enough to satisfy me this year. 106 59.55%
Indifferent. 39 21.91%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-16-2010, 08:44 PM   #65
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: How do you Feel About No Coaching Carousel This Year

Indifferent

Wasn't expecting it to be in this year.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 09:01 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 6

I'm dissapointed but seeing as how they still haven't added coaches to the sidelines I figured CC also wasn't going to make it in. Good thing they did a bang up job in so many other areas though!
Old 06-16-2010, 09:01 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 2

We know EA doesnt get things right on their first go with something , so why didnt just make the game understand when a coach hasnt met the demands of the school by winning? They already have made up players after year 5 so make some fake coaches and use all the other ones till they retire. Give us something till next year.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:02 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 6

[quote=santeria49;2041189723]I wish it had been done, but truth be told, the other things that they addressed were probably more pressing concerns. If the on-field action wasn't improved, no one was going to care about the off-field stuff.

That being said, I fully expect Coaching Carousel to be THE feature next year. If I were the NCAA team, in NCAA 2012, I would do Coaching Carousel AND license real coaches. Then model the coaches' appearances, coaching tendencies, recruiting, playcalling abilities, etc. Then put one of the big name coaches on the cover (Meyer, Saban, Stoops, etc.)[/quote]

I like your thinking!
Old 06-16-2010, 09:44 PM   #69
Rookie

vanderbiltfan87's Arena

OVR: 5

I really thought it was going to be in with the 120 ways to win feature. Outside of gameplay, coaching carousel was number one on my wish list. NCAA just went from a "midnight release purchase" to a "maybe I'll pick it up when the price drops." Oh well.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:26 AM   #70
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

I realize it wasn't promised, but at the end of the day, I decide if the purchase is worth it for me. It's a gamebreaker for me, sorry, I seem to have made some of you butt hurt with my reasoning.

A game with a fraction of the resources and lots more teams, players, coaches did a masterful job of this 3 years ago. Tib has had three years to get it in the game. I want more than just gameplay for $65.

Also, I just don't want JoPa coaching for another 30 years.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:22 AM   #71
MVP

UATide's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Indifferent

Wasn't expecting it to be in this year.
Same, but definitely would have been pleased if it was in..oh well.

"Maybe next year...?"

This Is Alabama Football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2010, 02:23 PM   #72
Rookie

The Gunslinger's Arena

OVR: 9

I am extremely disappointed by EA leaving this feature out for two reasons

1.) Coaching carousel keeps you playing dynasty mode longer because you have a longer goal to achieve.

2.) How hard can it be to implement something like this when it 2k already placed it in College Hoops 2k7 four years ago?!

I don't mean to make this a 2k vs EA argument, but College Hoops 2k7 had the best use of coaching carousel and if you go to 2k's website, "Coaching Carousel" isn't listed as one of the features for the game. Why? Probably because 2k felt that CC is an essential part of the game just as having the correct uniforms in the game should be automatically assumed and not placed as a "feature" on the back cover of the game.

Don't get me wrong, EA has made alot of improvements from NCAA 10' to 11'. Nevertheless, many of these improvements were additions that we EXPECTED to be in the NCAA series. Last year, I never would have expected a sports game to have a TV broadcast (let alone 2) in the case of NCAA Basketball 10'. Now that NCAA Basketball 10' has set the bar with the TV broadcast, we now EXPECT the same integration into other sports game. The ESPN broadcast is good, but not as sharp as the ESPN broadcast in NCAA Basketball and definitely not up to par with the superb CBS presentation either. Why are there no overlays or stats being shown? At least in NCAA Basketball, the TV broadcast showed player stats and also player highlights. The ESPN broadcast package in NCAA Football 11' only presents three things: the ESPN score ticker, ESPN on the replays, and the ESPN music. Sorry about getting onto a tangent about broadcast; it's just one example of how EA didn't go far enough to deliver a complete product

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »