Home

Neutral Site Games...

This is a discussion on Neutral Site Games... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2010, 08:21 PM   #1
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
Neutral Site Games...

Every year in the NCAA series when you play a game at a neutral site like Texas vs Oklahoma at the Cotton Bowl and even bowl games the band only plays for the default home team and the crowd only gives positive reactions for the default home team. This takes away a lot from neutral site games and i was hoping that this would be fixed in this years game but sadly it has not. I love the demo and I think that making the crowd and band reacting to both teams would add a lot more realism to the game. It sucks when you're playing for the BCS championship as the away team and only the default home team get's all the positive reactions and is only able to pump up the crowd. Could this be addressed in the final version of the game?

Last edited by JayD; 06-16-2010 at 08:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 08:35 PM   #2
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Neutral Site Games...

totally agree my man....I dont understand why this cant be programmed into the game. I understand a hard code for home teams, but technically there is no home team in OU/TX and other games.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:55 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

Agree with this 100! It's always bugged me that if I'm the road team during a bowl game with half the stadium my fans you never hear them!
Old 06-16-2010, 09:39 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

I was just playing the demo of the RR Shootout and... Sigh...

It's a damn shame that they can't get this in year after year. It's a pretty big deal if you play as a Big 12 or SEC team IMHO. Depending on what team you run with, you could be looking at 2 or 3 neutral site games a year. And it's just lame that you have to be the "Away" team in the RRSO or the SEC title game.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:42 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
totally agree my man....I dont understand why this cant be programmed into the game. I understand a hard code for home teams, but technically there is no home team in OU/TX and other games.
Technically is the one way there is a home team. The 'home' team only gets 3 conference home games. I get what you mean, but the technical part of who is home matters.

The atmosphere doesn't give anyone an advantage, which could be conveyed better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 10:11 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 21

I concur. always annoying to me. oh CRAP it will be SO much worse this year because think of it this way- only the home team's entrance is shown....will SUCK if it is this way for neutral site/Championship/bowl games...
Old 06-17-2010, 12:16 AM   #7
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

wonder if there is a way to fix this for 11...?
Old 06-17-2010, 01:02 AM   #8
Rookie

mgcole42's Arena

OVR: 2

yea it really bugs me as florida when i play the Fla-UGA game and then SEC championship and then whatever bowl game(especially disappointing for the BCS championship game), that just doesn't seem like a very difficult thing to add into the code and amazing that it still hasnt after all these years seeing how glaring of a mistake this is

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »