Home

Difference between Run Route Rating and Agility/Acceleration setting in NCAA demo?

This is a discussion on Difference between Run Route Rating and Agility/Acceleration setting in NCAA demo? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2010, 07:54 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
Difference between Run Route Rating and Agility/Acceleration setting in NCAA demo?

Safe to say, at least on Heisman the agility, acceleration ratings do have an effect when playing. Playing as Ohio State, my best receiver had a lower agility rating but higher acceleration rating than the corner he was going up against. This meant on square ins, slants, crossing routes (basically any routes that didnt have him stop once he made his cut), etc. would be completed because although the corner would make the quicker change of direction, acceleration would take over, and my WR would out run him to the ball.

Playing with Texas, my best receiver had a higher agility but lower accceleration rating than the other corner. This meant only curls would get him open (also dependent on the throw from the QB - THP rated at an 86).

Well, this theory was definitely working at first. However, as I kept playing, I noticed some of my theories that I previously wrote would not work consistently, due to the weak armed Texas QB (WR had to wait to long for the pass), the awareness? of the corner, and what I also believe to be the man cover rating vs. the run route rating?

My question is waht effect does the run route rating have on a WR. I will have a WR with a higher agility, acceleration rating than the corner, but the corner will have a higher man coverage vs. run route rating, and higher awareness rating than the WR. Which rating should I be focusing on?

Any help is appreciated....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2010, 10:47 AM   #2
Pro

Re: Difference between Run Route Rating and Agility/Acceleration setting in NCAA demo

bump
Old 06-17-2010, 12:54 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: Difference between Run Route Rating and Agility/Acceleration setting in NCAA demo

No idea.....But i still feel, from the demo anyway....That Speed is still the main rating overall by far. If you have a mid range Accl and High spd....Still trumps all. DIdnt think this was gonna be the case...but W/E

I am sure that route running has an impact, but ratings seem to matter more when simming games more than actually impacting actions in game.

I personally feel there should only be a dozen ratings overall....Way too many that seem to be filler and nothing else.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:28 PM   #4
Pro

I agree with you which is why Im trying to understand the difference or the similarity between run route rating vs. the acceleration/agility rating for WR vs. man coverage for DBs

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »