Home

Online vs. Offline Dynasty

This is a discussion on Online vs. Offline Dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2010, 01:28 PM   #9
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Online vs. Offline Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
With the dynasty wire features, I think that everyone should want to play their single player dynasties as online ones. This is an option in '11. I'll be in my online dynasty with the 11 other users and I'll also do my "offline" single player dynasty as an online one.

OP--

There are some questions about single player ODs that haven't been answered.
-Can you still get job offers if at a small school? (In '10 you cannot)
-Can your school get conference invites? (In '10 you cannot)

Here are some differences between offline and online in '10.
-The dynasty isn't stored on your HDD (but you can save copies of it there) as it's stored on EA's servers. This means that there's some loading time involved.
-I haven't been a commish of an OD, but the advancing of weeks is slightly different. It seems to be easy for inexperienced commishes to accidentally advance through all 5 weeks of offseason recruiting instead of only 1 week.
-You can't select your opponent's uniform like you can in offline, so you'll always play against their default home/away uniforms.
-You can't play non-user games.
-You can't select non-user playbooks. In my '10 offline dynasty, when I see teams like GT have nothing but pocket passers, I'll change their playbook so they don't run flexbone anymore. You can't do that online.

I'm sure others will add some stuff for you.
thanks man, this is what i was asking.

i was not aware about the game saves being stored on the EA server. i would venture to guess that once the EA servers get jammed up you're SOL on accessing your dynasty?

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:14 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 13

This is exactly what I had been wondering. I only play offline franchise/dynasty, and I have no desire to be in a multiple person league. I still want to play my offline dynasty, but have the new online features. So, if I am understanding this right, I can have my same offline, single person dynasty, but be able to access my dynasty online at work and do my roster moves, recruiting, etc? If so, that is absolutely awesome!
Old 06-17-2010, 03:34 PM   #11
Rookie

jolson88's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
the bg question marks right now for online dynasty are conference invites and coaching contracts. If at least coaching contracts make it in I will be playing a single player online dynasty as well.
If conference invites are out for online dynasties, I'll most likely have two dynasties I play: one online and one offline.

Offline - On of the things I like to do is start with a small/cupcake/HORRIBLE teambuilder-created team in a small conference and work my way all the way up to a 5-star program in a major BCS conference (may try starting in the Sunbelt this year rather than the WAC). So if single-player online dynasties can't get conference invites, than I'll have to do this offline.

Online - However, an alternate that I might do (or do along with the offline dynasty), is to TeamBuilder a team in a major conference like Washington or Oregon State, and make them a complete HORRIBLE team (cupcake, as low as I can possibly get on all school ratings, etc.) and keep them in the Pac 10. Then I'll rebuild from there. Should be an absolute nightmare to recruit given the changes this year but could be a really fun "project" to turn them into a powerhouse (perhaps even more hard than the offline version above that I do now considering who your conference games are against).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2010, 04:41 PM   #12
Pro

HokieB's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Here are some differences between offline and online in '10.
-The dynasty isn't stored on your HDD (but you can save copies of it there) as it's stored on EA's servers. This means that there's some loading time involved.
-I haven't been a commish of an OD, but the advancing of weeks is slightly different. It seems to be easy for inexperienced commishes to accidentally advance through all 5 weeks of offseason recruiting instead of only 1 week.
-You can't select your opponent's uniform like you can in offline, so you'll always play against their default home/away uniforms.
-You can't play non-user games.
-You can't select non-user playbooks. In my '10 offline dynasty, when I see teams like GT have nothing but pocket passers, I'll change their playbook so they don't run flexbone anymore. You can't do that online.
Well that sucks! Can't take advantage of all the uniforms, and can't play other cool matchups. Maybe they will fix that this year.

Still worth it though for Dynasty Wire.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »