Home

Season Showdown

This is a discussion on Season Showdown within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2010, 06:05 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Season Showdown

I enjoyed Season Showdown at first, but then when it became apparent that sportsmanship still didn't matter, I became pretty disillusioned with it. Wouldn't mind for it to be back, but I'm not actively hoping it is.
Los Angeles Lakers
Old 06-17-2010, 06:24 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 7

So what did it do exactly in offline dynasty mode ? (havenīt played a NCAA football before, from europe and only now bought a PS3)
Old 06-17-2010, 06:50 PM   #11
Pro

Special27K's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoman
So what did it do exactly in offline dynasty mode ? (havenīt played a NCAA football before, from europe and only now bought a PS3)
It doesn't do anything at all to dynasty mode. Season Showdown is, I'm not really sure what to call it. You choose a team to represent and every game you play, no matter the team, from then on while connected to PSN/Xbox Live you earn points in categories.

Skill, Strategy, & Sportsmanship (Viewable on your Season Showdown card, seen by all)
Loyalty & Underdog points also

Skill is related to throwing TD's and user catches/swats/int's etc.
Strategy has to do with setting up "linked" plays and run/pass commits
Sportsmanship is kicking on 4th and running when up I believe 3 scores (This is also the only category where you can lose points i.e. running up the score)
Loyalty is 75pts? for each time you play with the Season Showdown team you choose
Underdog points are when you win games in which you are the underdog (Goes I believe by a teams overall rating)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2010, 06:59 PM   #12
Banned

thanks for the explenation !
Old 06-17-2010, 07:50 PM   #13
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

Season showdown was pretty much the dumbest feature ever added to the series. I think after a week virtually nobody looked at it or even really cared about it. The feature added virtually nothing to the game. Ohio State or Texas would win it every year. I think it has probably been removed for this year at least in its current for and will probably never be talked about again by EA.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:02 PM   #14
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

Dumb feature IMO. Just as you can't legislate morality, as the saying goes, you can't code sportsmanship in a game. There's too many factors that make it not work appropriately. Hopefully not even in the game...and if it is, I hope they didn't spend much time on it, and focused their energy elsewhere.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:07 PM   #15
Rookie

ETSUfan1's Arena

OVR: 2

Wow funny how most people hate this feature. I for one LOVED it. I'm more into playing online and it was fun matching up against that weeks opponent and trying to win the matchup that week and getting your team a W. If you mostly do dynasty, I see how you would be indifferent to the feature. It gave me a reason to keep playing each week. Usually midway through the season, I get burnt out on the game, but last year Season Showdown kept me playing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2010, 02:53 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I agree with you ETSUfan, I loved it as well. It simply needs fixed to work properly. As anything that's new it has a lot of issues. I hope EA didn't scrap it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »