Home

The Run and Shoot

This is a discussion on The Run and Shoot within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2010, 02:10 AM   #65
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: The Run and Shoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcdiddy16
In college June Jones, doesn't even carry a TE and/or FB on the roster right? I think I remeber hearing that somewhere.
That's correct. I guess that makes it difficult for the defense to practice defending against a TE.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2010, 02:33 AM   #66
Rookie

gofresno's Arena

OVR: 8

Watching Timmy Chang and Colt Brennan running this O in the WAC for several years was just incredible. They had it down so well
Old 06-22-2010, 03:16 AM   #67
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofresno
Watching Timmy Chang and Colt Brennan running this O in the WAC for several years was just incredible. They had it down so well
Timmy Chang had to have been one of the most over rated QB's ever, and from what I hear he was anything but humble. Colt on the other hand was super underrated by the press and should have won the Heisman in both 06 and 07 imo. Colt had a huge chip on his shoulder b/c of what Timmy and Andre Ware did once they left college. and alot of press never gave him a fair shake.

I think it's obvious now that you can't stick any QB in the a R&S and expect them to succeed. Heck, I think UH has gone through 6 or 7 guys since JJ left.

STANCE GUIDE
http://bit.ly/HtkpmT
MOTION GUIDE
http://bit.ly/IqkdGh
Old 06-25-2010, 06:07 PM   #68
MVP

SuperSeahawks's Arena

OVR: 14

How many different plays do you guys think will be in the playbook, because I read some where that the R & S had only 8 base plays. I think there will be a lot of similar plays just in different shotgun alignments. Hopefully they get this playbook right, because I'll be using it in my Online Dynasty.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:12 PM   #69
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSeahawks
How many different plays do you guys think will be in the playbook, because I read some where that the R & S had only 8 base plays. I think there will be a lot of similar plays just in different shotgun alignments. Hopefully they get this playbook right, because I'll be using it in my Online Dynasty.
When Mouse Davis first came up with the offense, after reading a book by Tiger Ellison if memory serves, they had 8 base plays. But we're talking like 1974. Today, what June Jones does, the playbook has expanded quite a bit.

Old 06-25-2010, 06:16 PM   #70
MVP

SuperSeahawks's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
When Mouse Davis first came up with the offense, after reading a book by Tiger Ellison if memory serves, they had 8 base plays. But we're talking like 1974. Today, what June Jones does, the playbook has expanded quite a bit.
Good to know, thanks.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:22 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 7

The RnS series I run with my team IRL is just...4 or 5 plays?
Go, Switch, Streak, Choice, Gangster/Slide
You can be quite effective with just those. If you line up in Trips and the defense and thinks you're running Go but you run Streak...they're in big trouble. Hell, if they KNOW you're running Go and they take away the seam and your slot cuts to the post, they're screwed.
Variety may be the spice of life but...

We know Choice and Go are in the playbook (and they were in the Flexbone playbook last year).
The question is whether the rest are.

Also: June Jones favorites that aren't "classic" run and shoot? Thunder, Levels, floods, the various screens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2010, 06:26 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death

very interesting. I had no clue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »