Home

Illegal recruiting and violations?

This is a discussion on Illegal recruiting and violations? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2010, 04:53 AM   #1
zav
Rookie

OVR: 2
Illegal recruiting and violations?

I think this could add tremendous depth too dynasty mode...

I mean USC is banned from post season play for 2 years and lost 30 recruits but that doesnt affect anything in NCAA 11. Im starting to think this way. We should have the option to pay players to come to our school etc and we should be build realistic rivalries that effect the players we sign. If someone paid off a player there could be like an NCAA investigation once the player graduated and you would answer a series of questions etc. If found guilty, you get a ban and lose scholarships in direct variation to what you did. I dont know about you but if this gets implemented id surely weigh the pros and cons of maybe reaching out with a little cash to bring in a big time recruit that would forever change my program and the way i recruit. Sure i might get penalized but if my prestige goes up because of his performance perhaps i can get better players from it. It opens the door to things like that if implented correctly.

Anyone else interested in possible recruiting violations?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2010, 04:55 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Illegal recruiting and violations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zav

I mean USC is banned from post season play for 2 years and lost 30 recruits but that doesnt affect anything in NCAA 11. Im starting to think this way. We should have the option to pay players to come to our school etc and we should be build realistic rivalries that effect the players we sign. If someone paid off a player there could be like an NCAA investigation once the player graduated and you would answer a series of questions etc. If found guilty, you get a ban and lose scholarships in direct variation to what you did. I dont know about you but if this gets implemented id surely weigh the pros and cons of maybe reaching out with a little cash to bring in a big time recruit that would forever change my program and the way i recruit. Sure i might get penalized but if my prestige goes up because of his performance perhaps i can get better players from it. It opens the door to things like that if implented correctly.

Although it would make the game more realistic, there is absolutely no way the NCAA would allow EA to put this in the game.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:56 AM   #3
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by zav

im interested but i dont think they could put in there "pay player" the NCAA may not like it. but disguise it some how. Like maybe "pass player in class" or something like that
Old 06-20-2010, 04:58 AM   #4
zav
Rookie

i can see why they would deny it... but i think they would allow it so long as the violations your allowed to commit are not demeaning to the NCAA

edit: Exactly like what osubeavs said, it doesnt have to be that scandalous but they could throw in small things like boosting players GPA and providing excess attention to one player

Last edited by zav; 06-20-2010 at 05:01 AM.
Old 06-20-2010, 05:15 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by zav
i can see why they would deny it... but i think they would allow it so long as the violations your allowed to commit are not demeaning to the NCAA

edit: Exactly like what osubeavs said, it doesnt have to be that scandalous but they could throw in small things like boosting players GPA and providing excess attention to one player

Come on man. Do you REALLY think they would even consider putting this in? Do you know WHY USC was punished so harshly? To make an example out of them, that paying prospects to come to your school is unethical and just plain old wrong. They banned USC and took away 30 prospects because they want others to know that they shouldn't even be thinking about considering it.

This is like asking SCEA to give the ability to take roids, saying it's okay as long as you can possibly get caught.

This would be teaching people that it's okay to cheat, as long as you don't get caught No way in HELL are they even going to consider this.

Boosting GPA? That is still cheating, no? Cheating is cheating. They are NOT going to promote the idea that it's okay to cheat as long as you don't get caught.

Last edited by xs0ng; 06-20-2010 at 05:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2010, 05:52 AM   #6
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17

The closest thing they had to this was on PS2 when players got in trouble for various things like cutting class, missing practice, and I cant remember the rest. You as the coach could suspend the players for quarters, halfs, games, or an entire season. I think you got so many displine points you could use during a season, and suspending someone the entire season used up more of your points.

It would be cool to be able on the online dynasties to create your own violations, and you got 3-4 custom violations that you could type in whatever violation you wanted and could assign it for how many ever games...But, like the others said I doubt it would happen that we could do recruting violations
Old 06-20-2010, 05:52 AM   #7
Pro

BraveHeart's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xs0ng

Come on man. Do you REALLY think they would even consider putting this in? Do you know WHY USC was punished so harshly? To make an example out of them, that paying prospects to come to your school is unethical and just plain old wrong. They banned USC and took away 30 prospects because they want others to know that they shouldn't even be thinking about considering it.

This is like asking SCEA to give the ability to take roids, saying it's okay as long as you can possibly get caught.

This would be teaching people that it's okay to cheat, as long as you don't get caught No way in HELL are they even going to consider this.

Boosting GPA? That is still cheating, no? Cheating is cheating. They are NOT going to promote the idea that it's okay to cheat as long as you don't get caught.
Do you?
Old 06-20-2010, 10:18 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscotm2
Although it would make the game more realistic, there is absolutely no way the NCAA would allow EA to put this in the game.
Hey Michigan fan, would you be happy if they added a feature to dynasty that let you give players unlimited amounts of offseason training time?

I think it would be cool if, in coaching carousel mode, they also let you do your press conferences. You a variety of options - for example, if you cry at a presser, your coach prestige decreases but your NCAA sanctions also get less harsh. Could be cool.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »