Home

No Scrambling Out of Wildcat?

This is a discussion on No Scrambling Out of Wildcat? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2010, 06:00 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: No Scrambling Out of Wildcat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
Cripple the player to avoid abuse... so wack.
agreed. cheesers gonna cheese. Just give us the ability, I mean half of those guys running it can't throw anyways! Besides, what if this happened IRL? Still be cheese?
Old 06-20-2010, 06:25 PM   #10
Banned

1GATORFAN4EVA's Arena

OVR: 4

No it don't need to be fixed it's to stop cheesing. Because other wise the CPU will just play the pass an you get a free huge gain.

Gahh that brings back bad memories of that Wr Pass in one of the past Maddens it was almost impossible to stop.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:54 PM   #11
Pro

TheLeviticalLawKid3's Arena

OVR: 6

It's really dumb in my opinion.

Like today I was playing my brother in the demo. He had Clemson, I had Mizzou. He is THIS close to scoring the game-tying TD in the 4th. He fakes a reverse out of the Wildcat, drops back, and was about to scramble. He couldn't, and my big LE blindsides him. He fumbles and I end up winning. He gets so mad, yelling that this is stupid and makes him not to ever run the Wildcat again.

I wanted to explain to him that it was just a demo and it might be patched, but...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2010, 07:58 PM   #12
MVP

Pacman83's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
Cripple the player to avoid abuse... so wack.
I thought their idea was to NOT take so much control away from the user, like ill weather effects, player suspensions, etc.

GT: IIx PaCmAN xII
Rams/Mizzou/Cards

Old 06-20-2010, 08:15 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

I hate when people call it cheesing. If you claim to be good just stop it. In real life was it cheesing when Va put Vic Hall at QB. It's the wildcat and there's a reason teams run it, otherwise what would be the purpose of the wildcat.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:29 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by imwhatzup
I hate when people call it cheesing. If you claim to be good just stop it. In real life was it cheesing when Va put Vic Hall at QB. It's the wildcat and there's a reason teams run it, otherwise what would be the purpose of the wildcat.
very much agreed! Ole miss even did this, I think.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:20 PM   #15
Banned

1GATORFAN4EVA's Arena

OVR: 4

Not I'm a dang game though, if someone really wanted to cheese they could use those play all the time an I bet they could get at least 3+ yards evertime. Just because the D won't react or remember an stop the play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2010, 11:33 PM   #16
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATORFAN4EVA
Not I'm a dang game though, if someone really wanted to cheese they could use those play all the time an I bet they could get at least 3+ yards evertime. Just because the D won't react or remember an stop the play.
maybe the CPU won't react or remember but if you're playing another human and someone kept running the same thing on you and you cant stop it then its not cheese, you just suck. If you're playing the CPU and you have to do this in order to beat them then you also suck.

People chalk too many things off as cheese. Just because you struggle against something it doesnt make it cheese. Cheese is exploiting a glitch within the game, just running the Wildcat and scrambling wouldn't be a glitch in the game that is being exploited, its exploiting the person you're playing against if they struggle to stop it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »