Home

People Planning On Using Alabama?

This is a discussion on People Planning On Using Alabama? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2010, 07:28 PM   #9
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: People Planning On Using Alabama?

Quote:
Originally Posted by plrichard
We lost an irrelevant WR in Mike McCoy and a couple offensive linemen with Mike Johnson being the most talented, as well as Colin Peek, a great tight end. I really don't think our offense should be much less than a 96 or 97 but I don't think we have a good enough QB to be 99.

As for defense, we lost a lot of "starters" who would play on the first snap of games, but we rotated a lot, specifically in the front seven so they all have pretty good experience. All of our corners are gone, but we have some great recruits who have performed amazingly in spring training and practice as well as in the games that they did get PT in. Personally, I think our defense should be around a 93-94.

I just think no team should ever be a 99OVR or an A+OVR.

Oh, and also about the Bama fans showing up. I've been a reader of these forums for a long time and would make posts here and there looking for Online Dynasties and what not, but was never active enough to choose a signature or avatar. I'm actually a student at Alabama, and even though I was a huge Bama fan before I even entered high school, I completely see how people get annoyed with fans that have no official affiliation with the school being such die hard fans. I'm completely against starting trash talk, even with rivals.

Also, I plan on using Bama in everything I do, it's my team and I don't think I should feel like I shouldn't use them just because they had a good year and have a high rating.
I'm actually a big fan of the QB(don't even remember his name) but yeah, there is no way he is a 99 overall.

I know the defense had that one LB everyone was raving about,not sure if he went pro or not.

It seemed like a lot of the new Bama fans on here were giving you guys a bad rep. Just thought it would be cool to see if anyone besides actual Bama fans who were using the team
Old 06-21-2010, 07:31 PM   #10
MVP

UATide's Arena

OVR: 14

I'm a diehard Bama fan (see sig), and will be attending UA in Fall of '11. I went to every single game last year including the NC. And I do agree that Bama, should NOT be rated a 99 on defense. However, our offense can be very dangerous this year..

This Is Alabama Football.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:54 PM   #11
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

Bama will live up to its rating IRL. Even if their only offensive weapons were Ingram and Richardson. But add in Jones and (according to NCAA 11 ratings) Maze and if McElroy plays well they will be this year's Florida, favorite to win the champ and be #1 almost all year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2010, 07:58 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedExPope
Bama will live up to its rating IRL. Even if their only offensive weapons were Ingram and Richardson. But add in Jones and (according to NCAA 11 ratings) Maze and if McElroy plays well they will be this year's Florida, favorite to win the champ and be #1 almost all year.
If you are being sincere then I respect you. I don't think I could say the same about Florida, lol.
Los Angeles Lakers
Old 06-21-2010, 08:05 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 12

As you can probably tell from my screen name, I have been a Bama fan long before this past national title.

Having said that....anytime any team wins the championship, no matter which sport it is, there will be a huge influx of bandwagon fans to claim their right to victory. The majority of said fans will all of a sudden become fans of the next team to win the championship.

It happens across all sports.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:15 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm 25 and I've been an Alabama fan all my life. I also don't agree with our 99 OVR rating. I believe we should be 90-95 offense because of just about everyone returning this year, especially the key players. On defense I'm thinking 85-89, with overall somewhere between 90-94.

I plan on playing an offline dynasty with Alabama but I'm not sure about an online dynasty. If the team is way to over powerful I don't want to be considered a cheeser. With us winning the N.C last year I figured there would be more people showing up on here as Bama fans, some legit some bandwagon, and a lot of online players playing with the Tide.
No Mullet..No Peace!
Mullets for NCAA Football '13
Old 06-21-2010, 08:21 PM   #15
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by plrichard
If you are being sincere then I respect you. I don't think I could say the same about Florida, lol.
Yea man, I probably will play as Alabama sometimes. Not sure if I'd want to online, really wouldn't fit with my gamer profile pic which is the Gator logo, but maybe something offline. I'd love to try out the running game. And that's saying a lot for me, because no matter how good teams I really dislike such as Georgia, Michigan and OSU are I'll neeeeever play as them, lol. Except for the demo. I guess its harder to hate a team when your favorite team doesn't play them every year. And theres evidence anyway, given how good UF's defense was last year, and bama just steamrolled em with Ingram, and UF just sat there with their thumbs up their asses and gave their RBs like 5 carries...when the running game was what won them every game last year. bleh.

Last edited by FedExPope; 06-21-2010 at 08:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2010, 09:08 PM   #16
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25

I am am Arkansas and Auburn fan (in that order), and with my slight bias I can say Bama's offense scares me. Maze has track speed, Julio's healthy, Richardson (who has more natural talent than Ingram IMO) will get more carries which will keep Ingram fresh and even though McElroy isn't the most talented his having one more year in the system will set him to have an even better year.

And yes, I will edit Bama's D to about a 90.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »