Home

People Planning On Using Alabama?

This is a discussion on People Planning On Using Alabama? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2010, 06:52 PM   #1
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
People Planning On Using Alabama?

With the sudden influx of Alabama fans here on OS, it got me thinking. How many of you actually plan on using The Tide either in dynasty mode or online?

It's nuts how many of you guys have suddenly come around, I know they won the NT but damn, that many people like them?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2010, 06:59 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: People Planning On Using Alabama?

I been a BAMA fan for 25 years and I am sure I will be playing with BAMA as my team but one thing I must say is we should not be 99 on defense, now we have a lot of talent on D but not the experience since we lost 8 defensive starters.

I love BAMA but I am also fair in saying that I will be glad when our ratings are adjusted by the gurus who know how do accurately do that stuff.

Roll Tide

PS I think we should be around a 90 on defense overall.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:03 PM   #3
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

Good to see an un-biased Bama fan. Too be honest I don't know much about you guys offense outside of Ingram and I know LESS about the defense, but when I saw you guys were all 99's I was blown away.

Did you guys lose any starters at all?
Old 06-21-2010, 07:08 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 10

IMO Bamas offense might actually live up to the 99 rating they got but the defense needs some serious editing. I was looking at the roster earlier today and I think they have something like 4 85+ Freshmen on defense alone, that's ridiculous and if the roster editors don't lower their defense significantly I'm gonna have to do it myself and it wont be pretty.
NHL: LA Kings
Old 06-21-2010, 07:13 PM   #5
MVP

dan_457's Arena

semi-related question here(i searched but i couldn't find anything) Are Alabama's Face masks going to actually be grey this year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2010, 07:14 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 14

I'll have a dynasty as Alabama. I don't agree with the ratings we have. I think it should be, 94 on offense because we have tons of talent & experience there. Defense, I say a 94 or 93, the only question is the DBs. The front seven will be just as good & if not better than last year in the end.

& about all the new Bama users. I looked over on tidesports.com & someone posted something about this site. That is probly where most are coming from.

Rise to Prominence OD League Member
-Duke Blue Devils

Old 06-21-2010, 07:22 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Good to see an un-biased Bama fan. Too be honest I don't know much about you guys offense outside of Ingram and I know LESS about the defense, but when I saw you guys were all 99's I was blown away.

Did you guys lose any starters at all?
We lost an irrelevant WR in Mike McCoy and a couple offensive linemen with Mike Johnson being the most talented, as well as Colin Peek, a great tight end. I really don't think our offense should be much less than a 96 or 97 but I don't think we have a good enough QB to be 99.

As for defense, we lost a lot of "starters" who would play on the first snap of games, but we rotated a lot, specifically in the front seven so they all have pretty good experience. All of our corners are gone, but we have some great recruits who have performed amazingly in spring training and practice as well as in the games that they did get PT in. Personally, I think our defense should be around a 93-94.

I just think no team should ever be a 99OVR or an A+OVR.

Oh, and also about the Bama fans showing up. I've been a reader of these forums for a long time and would make posts here and there looking for Online Dynasties and what not, but was never active enough to choose a signature or avatar. I'm actually a student at Alabama, and even though I was a huge Bama fan before I even entered high school, I completely see how people get annoyed with fans that have no official affiliation with the school being such die hard fans. I'm completely against starting trash talk, even with rivals.

Also, I plan on using Bama in everything I do, it's my team and I don't think I should feel like I shouldn't use them just because they had a good year and have a high rating.
Los Angeles Lakers

Last edited by plrichard; 06-21-2010 at 07:26 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:22 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

im not too concerned with the 99 team rating because how are those even calculated? my concern would be making all their players all sec. its not just an alabama thing, its just how ea rates the big name programs which i was hoping was a thing of the past with the supposedly spread out ratings.
as far as people using them, people like playing with teams that give them the best chance to win.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »