Home

The play call screen on PS3

This is a discussion on The play call screen on PS3 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2010, 11:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Icon9 The play call screen on PS3

I was playing the demo, which is great so far. But I was only able to choose the play that was labled X in the play call menu. Not like previous years where I choose from 3 plays labled Square, X, and Circle. Will that hold true in the final version of this game? That would suck crusty a$$.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2010, 11:41 PM   #2
Banned

Xaos's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: The play call screen on PS3

Yep. It's true.

Complete overhaul to playcalling.

However if you hold L2 you can select with the buttons.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:46 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
Icon10 Re: The play call screen on PS3

Okay. Thanx. I'll try it. Whew, that's a relief.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:29 AM   #4
Rookie

lexus97man's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos
Yep. It's true.

Complete overhaul to playcalling.

However if you hold L2 you can select with the buttons.
Ah HA!

Thanks for the tip!
Old 06-22-2010, 11:38 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 1

Don't worry, as you play the demo a little more you'll get used to it, or at least I did to the point that I don't even notice it anymore. I actually found it to be more annoying/cumbersome to hold L2 and choose a play at the same time.

It reminds me of when EA changed the speed burst button from X to R2 and everyone was up in arms. However, after playing for awhile, it became a non-issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2010, 12:46 PM   #6
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

just different at first. the new play call screen is actually pretty handy in what it does. i've grown to like it pretty well.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:56 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 8

I don't mind the new play call screen for the most part. However, I am VERY disappointed that I can't change out of my Normal package (to CB Swap or Jumbo Backfield, etc.) without calling the plays By Formation. I like to use Ask Corso for most of my plays. I know that I'm in the minority there but even if I were to call them By Type, I wouldn't be able to adjust it. Last night, I even tried finding the play that I wanted in Ask Corso and going into the By Formation screen but it took way too long and I was called for several DOG penalties. On defense, it was nearly impossible to do given that the offense already has their play called and I essentially have a 10 second window to call my play.

Anyway, this just sucks, IMO. Part of the beauty of college football is that teams can shift their players all over the place to get the best matchups...not so easy to do now.

Also, why are they touting this as an "all-new" play calling system? Sure, it's new to NCAA but it's almost EXACTLY the same system that Madden used last year.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:16 PM   #8
Rookie

bdarnell's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodjer
I don't mind the new play call screen for the most part. However, I am VERY disappointed that I can't change out of my Normal package (to CB Swap or Jumbo Backfield, etc.) without calling the plays By Formation. I like to use Ask Corso for most of my plays. I know that I'm in the minority there but even if I were to call them By Type, I wouldn't be able to adjust it. Last night, I even tried finding the play that I wanted in Ask Corso and going into the By Formation screen but it took way too long and I was called for several DOG penalties. On defense, it was nearly impossible to do given that the offense already has their play called and I essentially have a 10 second window to call my play.

Anyway, this just sucks, IMO. Part of the beauty of college football is that teams can shift their players all over the place to get the best matchups...not so easy to do now.

Also, why are they touting this as an "all-new" play calling system? Sure, it's new to NCAA but it's almost EXACTLY the same system that Madden used last year.
You should really try to start calling your plays by formation. It makes you study the game more and can be a lot more enjoyable. JMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »