Home

What Playbook Will You Use??? And a note to the OS Community.

This is a discussion on What Playbook Will You Use??? And a note to the OS Community. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2010, 09:28 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 51
Re: What Playbook Will You Use??? And a note to the OS Community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBruce
USC used it in 05 actually
True as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdwills3521
@beastofboston You're right I remember that now from a special on the wildcat. Speaking of the Panthers I think DeAngelo and Stewart are the most underrated backs. It's sad when some team is stacked with talent and they're not recognized if they're on second team.
And was it a special on NFL Net? Thats what I remember it from.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2010, 09:38 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 4

It was an ESPN show I believe Sunday NFL Countdown. They probably did get some info from sites. And I don't remember it from USC games cause I'm an big USC fan too (my father went there). I missed a couple of the games from the 05' season anyways so I probably missed it.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:46 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 4

Who do you think is the best in the Wildcat??? People would say Ricky Williams or Ronnie Brown . I like Cobbs from the Browns, I like how he's a below par receiver, but still makes most of the touchdowns as a wildcat/returner.

If I could make a custom playbook I'd have:
The Wild-duck (Oregon's Wildcat)
3 Ace Formations (Ace Bunch, Ace Trips, Ace Normal)
3 I-Forms
2 Weaks
1 Strong
4 5WR Shotgun Formations
and The rest Shotguns from Houston, West Virginia, and Miami.

Even though I like a lot of shotguns I like Miami's(See on the NCAA Football 11 Demo) where you have a good number of plays a small number4 of formations.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:03 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastsofboston
True as well.
let's not forget- bac in the day, Bama would sometimes put Palmer in at QB and let him run, lol. Did this with prothro as well, but all of this was under center.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:04 AM   #29
Rookie

bdarnell's Arena

OVR: 1

I loved the Northern Illinois playbook in 10. Great for a two back system.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:11 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdwills3521
Who do you think is the best in the Wildcat??? People would say Ricky Williams or Ronnie Brown . I like Cobbs from the Browns, I like how he's a below par receiver, but still makes most of the touchdowns as a wildcat/returner.

If I could make a custom playbook I'd have:
The Wild-duck (Oregon's Wildcat)
3 Ace Formations (Ace Bunch, Ace Trips, Ace Normal)
3 I-Forms
2 Weaks
1 Strong
4 5WR Shotgun Formations
and The rest Shotguns from Houston, West Virginia, and Miami.

Even though I like a lot of shotguns I like Miami's(See on the NCAA Football 11 Demo) where you have a good number of plays a small number4 of formations.
Cribbs you mean. Hes good, but the wildcat and cribbs package isnt really good just because those players are running it. Its the system. It favors hbacks for sure.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:51 AM   #31
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober Man
I'll probably use Mizz's playbook. Love that they have some wildcat in there and the A-11 formation in it (Monster).
Don't get me started on the "A-11" offense. That thing is a joke.

And Mizzou's "Monster" formation is not the A-11. If anything, Mizzou's "Monster" is more of a Polecat.

The A-11 is as much an imposter on the game of football as was the fumbleroosky.

For those that don't know, basically the A-11 is a "kicking" formation that, by rule, opens up the imagination to who is an eligible receiver. This only applies to high school though because college and pro football know how much of a joke this exploit is.

Ten idiots line up spread across the field in a "punt" formation and it's anyone's guess as to who is actually an eligible receiver as they all shift around like pre-schoolers in the lunch line.

Anyways, Missouri's "Monster" formation is horrible in the demo and limits what you're able to do out of it, which is throw it to the flat or fake and throw deep. You can't run up the middle with it, and since you are limited in what you can do, it's easier to defend. Also, you're asking big men (TE) to block in open space on a quicker defender while a receiver tries to catch a ball 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage...thrown from the quarterback who is halfway across the field.

Maybe the A-11 and Monster go together after all...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2010, 01:58 AM   #32
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

Back on topic....

I'll just stick with Iowa's offense for my online dynasty and dabble with other teams in various offline dynasties.

My favorite offense is the triple option, but Georgia Tech is almost "too good" at it now to make it much of a challenge.

I don't get caught up in all the wildcat hype too much as the focus tends to always be about who is running the ball. The "Wildcat" is just an unbalanced line by another name and formation, therefore; improve your ability to outman your opponent at the point of attack.

I love running the ball, and I love short conservative passes along with the play-action game. Screens and throws to the flat as well. I'm definitely a pro style/multiple kind of guy who secretly loves his triple option.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »