Home

What Playbook Will You Use??? And a note to the OS Community.

This is a discussion on What Playbook Will You Use??? And a note to the OS Community. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2010, 03:12 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: What Playbook Will You Use??? And a note to the OS Community.

i will use the multiple playbook it has good mix of run an pass plays an i could move russell shephard around like cleveland uses josh cribbs LSU #1
Old 06-24-2010, 03:42 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdwills3521
@FuryMG I understand the confusion I should have used a comma. I meant the top teams in the Big 10 have middle to top teir defenses, from an Arkansas native stand point the Big-10 is the second best defensive league. I don't believe the Michigan philosophy of Rich Rodriguez will work in the Big Ten. I'm not an expert on the Big Ten but y'all are more into time management than other leagues. There's the shoot out Big 12 and the Big 10 is time management and the SEC is the in between. I say Rich Rodriguez did the smart thing in taking the highest profile job in the country with the winningest all time team.

I'm not smashing Michigan I like the fact they hate Ohio State and Notre Dame cause I do too
I am the opposite, I am strong believer that the spread option will work in the Big Ten. But, I do not believe that the run heavy spread option that Rich Rodriguez ran while at WVU will work. For the offense to work, I think it needs to be more balanced. I'm not saying it needs to be 50/50. I think it could work at 55/45 or 60/40. But thats it. I mean, the offense almost worked last year, but its hard when you have a true freshman QB playing behind a patched up offensive line missing its best offensive lineman who also happened to be the center and your also missing your 2 best skill players who also happen to be your top 2 running backs. And it certainly didnt help when you had a horrible defense to go along with an injured offense. I mean, the defense last year was absolutely horrible outside of Brandon Graham to be honest.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:01 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 2

I will start off running a pro style offense but depending on who I recruit, I could change it to fit my players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2010, 04:53 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 25

I only use the actual playbook of the team i am controlling typically.

Unless the players i have literally just dont fit.

Was thinking of selecting Nebraska and bringing back the option offense through recruiting though. I loved watching them back when they ran it with Frazier/Crouch. So fun when it worked...Now that i think about it...I am gonna go watch some vids of Frazier and some of his insane runs...God he was exciting.

Last edited by SA1NT401; 06-24-2010 at 04:55 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:19 PM   #37
MVP

Dirty Turtles's Arena

OVR: 10

It all depends on how good my team is at either running or passing. I usually take a lower tier team and try to build them up, so often I use Georgia Tech, Air Force, or Option Run if I have a speedy QB. It allows my team to be competitive at first with the bigger schools. I like to chew the clock up and control the game on the ground. If my school doesn't have a fast QB, I'll go with any type of offense that is geared around one or more RBs getting touches. This year I might try to get a team that has a decent young QB and WRs to build around a pass heavy attack for a change.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:25 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 1

Michigan, Notre Dame and Oregon State. Well Notre Dame is up in the air because with Kelly coaching now I don't know if it will still be pro style at all.
NHL - Detroit Red Wings

Old 06-25-2010, 08:15 AM   #39
MVP

Quint75's Arena

OVR: 16

I think I am gonna give The Pistol a serious try this year. Probably with one of my created teams.
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
EPL: Liverpool Reds
Old 06-25-2010, 08:54 AM   #40
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19

Rutgers as long as it has the Wildcat in it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »