Home

Acc. Clock and Game Speed

This is a discussion on Acc. Clock and Game Speed within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2010, 09:22 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Acc. Clock and Game Speed

Please tell me there is an option to turn ACC clock off, lol at least for when playing O
Old 06-22-2010, 11:12 PM   #10
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

I deducted similar things from today's gameplay blog. Accelerated clock is on and is only bypassed by using no-huddle offense.

The point is to get a realistic number of plays in, so it shouldn't matter if the "virtual" time says 15 or 6 minutes. It will just take some testing from us to figure out what the best mix is to produce a realistic amount of plays per game.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:03 AM   #11
Pro

Bwnarrow3's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
It says in the latest blog there is an 8 to 10 second accelerated clock. And it runs all game long so users will have to actually run no huddle in the final minutes of a game. Choosing conservative tempo in your gameplan turns on chew clock which takes even more time off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
For both offenses (in the demo) if they are huddling, the play clock skips down to 30s and the game clock skips too if it's running. This is similar to what I understand accelerated clock to be except that it's only up to 10s instead of giving you options for how much time is skipped.

Setting tempo to conservative is chew the clock. Doing this skips the play clock down to about 10s remaining (so it'll skip 25s if you call a play with 35s remaining or it'll skip 1s if you call a play with 11s remaining).
So is it like last year where it's only for the user's use or can both user and cpu use it??

Check out my NBA blog here: www.thetransitionthree.blogspot.com

I'm an avid NBA fan and I'd love some feedback on my articles. I write about all teams too, so check out your favorite team!

Twitter: @bowen_connor and @transition3blog
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2010, 12:06 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Well, the accelerated clock runs all game long no matter who has the ball. So after every play the play clock will skip down 8-10 seconds and so will the game clock if it is running.

― Plato
Old 06-23-2010, 12:08 AM   #13
Pro

Bwnarrow3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Well, the accelerated clock runs all game long no matter who has the ball. So after every play the play clock will skip down 8-10 seconds and so will the game clock if it is running.
Oh sweet! That's not how it was last year was it??

I guess we can play 15 min quarters. I thought it was just for User, not cpu.

I'm an avid NBA fan and I'd love some feedback on my articles. I write about all teams too, so check out your favorite team!

Old 06-23-2010, 12:13 AM   #14
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwnarrow3
Oh sweet! That's not how it was last year was it??

I guess we can play 15 min quarters. I thought it was just for User, not cpu.
Not necessarily. If you want around 120 plays(average amount for both teams combined IRL) per game, 15 min with a 10 sec runoff would be too long. In order to play 15 min in my madden franchise, I had to have a 20 sec runoff. I'm guessing around 7 or 8 minutes will be the sweet spot for a realistic number of plays in NCAA this year.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:24 AM   #15
Pro

Bwnarrow3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Not necessarily. If you want around 120 plays(average amount for both teams combined IRL) per game, 15 min with a 10 sec runoff would be too long. In order to play 15 min in my madden franchise, I had to have a 20 sec runoff. I'm guessing around 7 or 8 minutes will be the sweet spot for a realistic number of plays in NCAA this year.
Oh whoops. I misread it. I thought it said skip down to 8-10 seconds. Not skip down 8-10 seconds.

That really sucks. I don't know if I'll buy now....

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2010, 12:28 AM   #16
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
It was 7 or 8 min last year with no clock run off. 10-11 minutes is probably a little closer. It's not 15, but it's better than 7 or 8.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »